New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi Fellow Tsikoteers,

Just want to ask your opinion or views for a 1999 nissan sentra ex saloon atutomatic. ano po ba ang pros and cons ng model na ito? someone is selling his car and sa tingin ko ayos naman kasi 1st owned and casa maintained. But i would like to know more about this model. (fuel consumption, maintenance, performance, parts avail and more) thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HOw much is he selling it? We used to have one before and we sold it to a fellow nissanbayan member.

It makes a good city drving car, parts are easily available for it as well and we had no problems with the car until we sold it late last year (got it brand new in 1999).

Downside to it mainly is the lack of torque when you want to drive on the highway with a heavy load (i'd suggest intake and exhaust mods to help out).

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi Vinj,

thanks for the response. i also think that way too that its not a powerful car. but given a 5 passenger with moderate load at the back can this car go as fast as 140kph with aircon ON? and any idea on its fuel consumption? i'll be interested on the mods if i got the car. btw, its P250k. is it worth that price?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've taken ours to over 160 before but that was with no load. With a full complement, i'm sure it can go over 120 but i have not tried 140.

250K? The price depends on the condition and mileage, and extras. We sold ours at 265K before and it had 15" rims, tube intake, STB, OEM fog lamps, OEM power mirrors, EGR rear visor, upgraded headlights, was well maintained and had around 60K plus on the odo.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Vinj,

I hope i can negotiate to lower the price. btw, do you still remember what kind/type of engine this car have?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its a nice everyday car..engine is ok in the city..matipid kasi 1400..matic trannyvery smooth when shifting..not like my car..it gets the job done.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

1999 nissan sentra ex saloon