New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Good day!

wud anyone of you know where i cud find the specs for a 98/99 sentra GTS?
    also, would a conversion to an AWD system as seen in b13 and b14 JDM sunny GT-S systems be possible on our local b13's and b14 GTS?

i would appreciate the info, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have the brochure for the B14 GTS. It's mechanically identical to the Sentra B14 Super Saloon. Differences limited to the bodykit, foglamps, full chrome door handles (not stick on chrome), 15" alloy wheels, badging, and the muffler.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There were AWD B13s and B14s? I thought it was the N-series that got AWD?

Last AWD B-series I know of were the 1.6 AWD B12s (California body). I'd be interested to know myself, if it's possible... but I haven't seen Sentra-compatible AWD systems for sale here. Even when AWD Pulsar engines come in, they're usually converted to FWD for Sentra use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    good day! thanks for the reply re GTS specs. i was kinda hoping the phil version had the SR18de atleast. thanks again.

niky, check www.amayama.com, they have a listing of just about every jap car make and model in JDM specs. The list site shows a couple of awd variants for both b13 nad b14 sunny's ( some models were listed to be equiped with the attesa awd system). these cars were powered either by a GA16de or GA15de, SR18de or a diesel variant. Gusto ko sana lagyan yung b13 ko nito, maski yung GA16 lang din na variant. I've also come acroos some articles about these cars sa caribbean nga lang.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by calymd View Post
    good day! thanks for the reply re GTS specs. i was kinda hoping the phil version had the SR18de atleast. thanks again.

niky, check www.amayama.com, they have a listing of just about every jap car make and model in JDM specs. The list site shows a couple of awd variants for both b13 nad b14 sunny's ( some models were listed to be equiped with the attesa awd system). these cars were powered either by a GA16de or GA15de, SR18de or a diesel variant. Gusto ko sana lagyan yung b13 ko nito, maski yung GA16 lang din na variant. I've also come acroos some articles about these cars sa caribbean nga lang.
    Even if the conversion is possible, you have to have the full cuts for it, and it'll require you to perform cut-and-weld on the rear suspension mounts to do this.

You'd need an importer to bring the whole shebang in. But the only full-set-up I've seen for sale here is the Lancer-Evo conversion kit (complete with rear-differential and suspension mounting points, blow-torched out of the rear-subframe). I've heard that there were rear-diffs for the GA-series here, but it'd be a waste to go AWD with such a puny engine, and I've heard they were kind of weak. (From the US guys).

The local GTS is GA16DE only. A swap to an SR18DE is possible... in fact, you can swap in the SR20DE or DET and mate it to an SR18DE transmission with no trouble (Aussie guys do this... shorter gears on the 18, I think).

But AWD? I suppose it's possible, but you'll have to source all the parts yourself. I haven't seen the conversion done at all, yet... by anyone.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hmmm, i've been considering this project because i wanted something different but there seems to be more work to be done for this conversion than i expected. I guess it would come out cheaper and safer to purchase an evo III if i want a relatively cheap but good awd. Or i cud just have and awd GTS brought in! hehe. I've also heard about the rear diff's for the GA series (also from US guys) but the thought of an awd b13 or 14 kinda got me excited.

Thanks! its back to saving for the skyline GT-R! Do any of you have an idea of how much a BNR32 GTR would cost now? thanks again for the info!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    GTR? Not sure... You can get late model GTS-Ts for under 1 million already, and I've seen 32-bodied GTS's running around (cost less than 500k), but I don't know how much the R32 GTRs will cost. Good luck finding one.

Personally, I prefer 200sx/Silvias as a starting point for a project car, as parts for the SR20 are quite a bit easier to find than parts for the RB-engines.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    calymd: you're right better save for the Skyline GT-R than go through all this trouble.

Another suggestion: Ford Focus....WRC proven. Medyo OT na.

1998/99 Nissan sentra GTS specs