New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Good Day mga Sirs! Newbie here. :-)
    First of all, thank you Tsikot for the wonderful reviews I read here.

I plan to buy a Terrano 2.4L gas...After purchase, I plan to have it changed to diesel engine. My questions are:

1. Will the installation just be drop-in and no need for additional mods?
    2. Also, would I be needing a new transmission or the old one would suffice?
    3. Someone suggested the QD32 engine, is it also drop-in installation?
    4. Is there any more things I should watch out for during the convertion?
    5. Can someone give a rough estimate as to how much is a TD27 engine+transmission now?A good surplus one.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fahrenheit213 View Post
    pls help,
    kasama ba sa original na accesories yung fender flare nang terrano? locally bought(not surplus), 1999model, td27 diesel engine, 2.7L. I think executive series sya, me tx4 na stickers.

nakalimutan ko kasing ilagay sa additional accesories ng insurance, recently lang hit n run yung fender flare. don't know kung kasama yun sa original accesories nung binili nang first owner.
    yup kasama yung fender flares as original accessory sa local units

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hindi ba hirap umakyat sa baguio local terrano diesel? planning to get one kasi

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Guys!

Kinda need some help with my Terrano. It seems that the 4wd does not engage properly. I have gotten stuck in tight situations 4x already and am kinda getting agitated cause I got the ride precisely for this kind of sticky situations.

Anyway, prior to getting in the situation, i engage 4wd, and the lights on the dash shows it as engaged. However once the 4 wheels hit mud, ayun, stuck na. when it gets in the mud, only the rear wheels spin. This tells me that the front wheels did not lock. The steering wheel tightens up though, but no drive on the front wheels.

HELLLP!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We also have terrano gasoline local. malakas naman humatak at tumakbo. medyo mabigat lang ang kaha but very nice ang suspension ride. CKD ang terrano namin from casa binili.

i am looking for bumper sa likod chrome plate. need to replace. anybody can refer?

My friend want to sell his 1997 terreno gasoline. 09228-284868 Oscar Lee

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think there is a procedure in the manual on how to engage the 4wheel drive. hindi siya basta basta engage then go. kailangan yata reverse mo muna konti to engage. that what i did before.

Most probable hindi pa pumasok ang gear pero umilaw na sa dash 4W engaged. check mo sa window visor may instruction doon. medyo trial and error if you don't have the manual anymore.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i got a frontier 02 td27 engine it runs 165kph at sctex, 150kph nlex n slex. it's non turbo and it's powerpack. consumption 12-14 km/l depending on road condition. it's easy to maintain and economical. so if ur terrano's engine is td27 i dont see any problem. fyi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bumping this thread for those looking for some infos on terrano's like me.

I saw a 93 Turbo Diesel na Terrano pala and it's a A/T.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...+FOR+SALE/SWAP

Local kaya ito?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by onil david View Post
    i got a frontier 02 td27 engine it runs 165kph at sctex, 150kph nlex n slex. it's non turbo and it's powerpack. consumption 12-14 km/l depending on road condition. it's easy to maintain and economical. so if ur terrano's engine is td27 i dont see any problem. fyi.
    AFAIK 2.4L gas and 2.7L diesel n/a ang ni-release locally (all m/t).. looks like JDM. we got a JDM terrano, i love the power and water-fording capabilities nya (a/t with turbo)

bring a mechanic to check the conversion. IIRC pinalitan ni erpats pitman rod, idler assy, and gearbox after buying our jdm terrano. steering is car-like unlike other SUVs although kelangan ng onting additiional space.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    one thing i dont like bout jdm terranos are their dashboard and that its converted,but it got the td27 turbo engine and also a rear disc brake's.i still prefer local terranos though.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
1998-1999 Nissan Terrano Owners(Question)