New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i would probably go for an AUV instead of the terrano.

i dont think you can fit rear jumpseats sa likod ng terrano... it's a mini-SUV, but you do sound like you require a larger people carrier (kids can outgrow a car faster than you can save up money for a bigger model, i was told, hehe).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by i_van View Post
    guys, would you recommend a 1996 local terrano diesel for a first time vehicle owner to be used mostly on a weekend family trip (3 kids) to bulacan. My first option is to buy a revo, adventure, hilander/xwind (all 2nd hand) but with the pros that i've read in this thread...terrano is a low maintenance inspite of being an SUV...
    The terrano is a no headache diesel. Walang usok, matipid, marami piyesa at sobrang tibay. Lamig ng aircon nito at pag binangga ka sa tabi, mataas ka. Sobang tibay din ng suspension nito. The AUVs are good if you are looking for seating capacity because it has rear bench seats. The terrano has almost the same interior space as the bigger SUVs - mukha lang maliit kasi mababa yung iba but once you lift it, you will realize that it is indeed a big truck. Terrano is more of an adventure vehicle if you like to take your family to far places with rough terrain or you live in a place where you need to cross deep floods - water tight yung cabin nito.

If you need the extra seats, go for an AUV.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by i_van View Post
    guys, would you recommend a 1996 local terrano diesel for a first time vehicle owner to be used mostly on a weekend family trip (3 kids) to bulacan. My first option is to buy a revo, adventure, hilander/xwind (all 2nd hand) but with the pros that i've read in this thread...terrano is a low maintenance inspite of being an SUV...
    i_van I don't know that much about local terranos but as far as I know local terranos are fitted with petrol low powered engines and are notoriously gas guzzlers while, the so called "surplus terranos" are authentically made from "JAPAN" and these are the kind of TERRANOS you see in EUROPE, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND these are powered by NISSAN TURBO DIESEL TD27 engines and it is literally a bullet proof engines as a lot of local auto mechanics claim. The only thing to watch out for is how properly the right hand drive is converted to left hand drive but since there are a lot of surplus terranos in the Philippines I have the impression that most auto technicians had mastered the craft of converting it to LHD, just my own opinion though, but you have to meticulously check the details of the conversion so as to avoid future problems. For example in Australia all the terranos there are imported from Japan and they do pretty well in converting these SUV's.
    But most convertion shops here in the Philippines especially here in CEBU have decent conversion kits and most of them import US dashboards so as to make the interiors neat. In the US the Terrano is marketed as Pathfinder.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blu76 View Post
    im also planning to buy a Terrano this February..does the gas fed engine do even 6-7km/L??

if yes then i can settle with it since nasanay na ko sa consumption ng Galant V6 ko.

ano po top speed nito? at ano common problem ng gas engine Terrano? at magkano po pa-rehistro nito?

TIA
    ------------------------------------------

around 5km to 5.5km/L ang FC ng gas-fed na Terrano. May kalakasan sa FC.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Buhayin ko lang thread na toh... I Want a Terrano but Im thinking whta to choose. Diesel or Gas LPG... Hirap kasi maghanap ng Diesel na terrano... Ok lang ba lagyan ng Turbo yung mga terrano na diesel local? Wala bang bad effect sa engine in the long run?
    Last edited by 1997; April 6th, 2010 at 11:43 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Diesel. Wag na LPG. Some have installed turbos. Better to just swap a turbo diesel engine as cost for add on turbo mod is great as well.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Diesel. Wag na LPG. Some have installed turbos. Better to just swap a turbo diesel engine as cost for add on turbo mod is great as well.
    Meron kasi ako nakita 2.7 Turbo... galing daw sa Japan na terrano yung turbo... Hindi kaya Pwersado yung engine kung ganun... kasi N.A. yung engine e...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    iba piston, piston rings, piston arms and compression ratio ng n/a sa turbo

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hirap mag hanap ng maayos na terrano.. Baka may alam kayo selling... hehehe... I'm also thinking of Engine swap from Gas fed to Diesel fed... Tatakot lang ako... Tingin ninyo worst case senario magkano aabot yung expenses pang engine swap... yung pinaka budgeted engine swap na maayos... hehehe

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    pls help,
    kasama ba sa original na accesories yung fender flare nang terrano? locally bought(not surplus), 1999model, td27 diesel engine, 2.7L. I think executive series sya, me tx4 na stickers.

nakalimutan ko kasing ilagay sa additional accesories ng insurance, recently lang hit n run yung fender flare. don't know kung kasama yun sa original accesories nung binili nang first owner.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
1998-1999 Nissan Terrano Owners(Question)