New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i checked my the partol of my uncle and i saw that it was a SD33 turbo. good for 120 hp. its a 3 door 1989 patrol with 33x14 R15 SuperSwamper tires. kulang na lang shocks. la pa kasing pera. :D how much does rancho shocks cost?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the australians really hated the RD28 engine... sobrang hina daw

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Ungas, may nakita Patrol Safari with turbo... mabilis at sarap pakinggan yung turbo whine. I think you'd have to upgrade your clutch as well though. Sa LC80, nahihinaan ako sa stock clutch niya dahil sa power ng turbo.

The trouble with turbo is when you don't need it the it suddenly kicks in. Like in offroading, there are times that I want to maintain a slow steady speed with 2000-3000rpm, eh kung naka-turbo biglang kamot balaho agad nun. Adding turbo will definitely help in driving fast, but not necessarily an advantage in offroading. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Ungas, may nakita Patrol Safari with turbo... mabilis at sarap pakinggan yung turbo whine. I think you'd have to upgrade your clutch as well though. Sa LC80, nahihinaan ako sa stock clutch niya dahil sa power ng turbo.

The trouble with turbo is when you don't need it the it suddenly kicks in. Like in offroading, there are times that I want to maintain a slow steady speed with 2000-3000rpm, eh kung naka-turbo biglang kamot balaho agad nun. Adding turbo will definitely help in driving fast, but not necessarily an advantage in offroading. :D

pwede naman lagyan ng turbo timer, switch on na lang kung talagang kailangan :wink:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rodcarolino::: Does the "turbo timer" help in anyway in that department? One thing I know is that you cannot turn the turbo on or off. It usually kicks in at a certain engine rpm.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Exhaust driven ang turbo. As long as may sufficient exhaust, it will drive the turbocharger.

Don't worry about sudden surges of power. Most of these turbochargers don't produce that much boost. On a Pajero, it just went from 72bhp to 84bhp. Slap on an intercooler and the figure goes up to 99 bhp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    AARRRGGGHHH!!! Wag nyo ko inggitin, TD42 ko walang turbo. :? And speaking of turbo meron nag-alok sa akin bolt on turbo kit with intercooler for 70K. Hindi ko kayang gastusan ng ganun kalaki yung makina ko.
    dati meron kami muntik na makuha na turbo kit ng safari. nakakabit pa dun sa isang set ng safari engine & underchassis na order namin. bad trip naman yung importer, binenta ng hiwalay yung turbo, less than 40T. bolt-on na lahat. hindi tuloy namin na-testing. hindi na din namin kinuha yung set ng engine & underchassis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
1989 Nissan Patrol....