New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    Sir, do you think one could be able to pull a 10Km/L figure on the sentra on a certain driving technique, city driving wise? Sa tingin nyo ba kaya nyo chip?
    the most ive heard from other sentra gsx m/t owner is 9km/l. i guess it's hard to measure the fuel efficiency of a car in city driving. dami kasing factor to consider. If you really want a fuel efficient car i suggest consider those subcompact car. they are meant for fuel economy.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    7-8km/l on very short trip is ok na for a 1.6 car. d na nagkakalayo sa iba. pero kung big factor tlaga sa inyo ang consumption then mas bagay po sa inyo mag altis. pwede din ung mga vios, jazz etc.... mas matitipid sila kaso below 1.6

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    the most ive heard from other sentra gsx m/t owner is 9km/l. i guess it's hard to measure the fuel efficiency of a car in city driving. dami kasing factor to consider. If you really want a fuel efficient car i suggest consider those subcompact car. they are meant for fuel economy.
    As much as possible I want a 110+hp vehicle coz' I am not only considering it for city driving. Occasionally, I have to take it for a sprint to a nearby province coz' I also have a house there. And don't you guys think those puny subcompacts are less safe than a normal-sized sedan considering that I get to tackle freeways? Correct me if I'm wrong...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    As much as possible, I want a 110+hp vehicle coz' I am not only considering it for city driving. Occasionally, I have to take it for a sprint to a nearby province coz' I also have a house there. And don't you guys think those puny subcompacts are less safe than a normal-sized sedan considering that I get to tackle freeways? Correct me if I'm wrong...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... I'd like to say a subcompact is relatively safe, but it is a valid concern.

Though against the trucks on the highway, anything but an armored car is unsafe... :lol: ...but with a bigger vehicle, at least you're more visible... although there is one time that an Expedition almost sideswiped my Sentra. He had big tires on, and even though I was stock height, my roof didn't even reach his side window!

It depends really, on how fast you want to go. Any vehicle with more than 40-50 hp can do 100 km/h. Many 1.1 and 1.3 liter engined vehicles can do it comfortably. True, some small ones feel unsecure on the highway (the Alto, for one), but your regular Honda City or Toyota Vios has good manners at highway speeds.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *niky

Thank you very much for answering that query of mine.

I did an extra research and was disappointed that the 1.5 City/Jazz and Vios/Yaris is much safer than the Sentra given the standard ABS/EB/BA packaged with it. It even has dual airbags while the Sentra only has one. AT THE SAME PRICE RANGE NONETHELESS!

Anyhow, I might wait a little longer. I was browsing around the web and goodness! There's a lot of rumors about new models coming to phil. this 2008 like the 08' Lancer, Nissan Tiida/Versa, 08' Sentra/Sylphy, 08' Jazz...........

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's because the City/Jazz and Vios/Yaris are subcompacts. The Sentra is a compact.

It gives you much more elbow space (knee room is another thing... new small cars have lots of legroom), but for Nissan to sell it as the same price as smaller cars, they had to make it very spartan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mine is a gs automatic, love the ride, considering na 38 ang tire pressure ko, di nga sya kasing bilis ng iba, but a good cruising car. di nakakapagod. efficiency is not great pero, i have reach 16 kms per liter sa highway once, talagang maintain discipline driving lang slowly built speed and no sudden braking. for me it's a good car ksi, you can achieve good fuel mileage if u want to and power also, if u really like to.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    my former colleague gets 10 km/L, Mandaluyong (near the SM Hypermarket) to Makati / Ayala Avenue every day.

City 1.3L i-DSI.

I don't think anyone can get 10 km/L out of a >1.3L car unless it's the diesel Focus.

If safety is the paramount concern after fuel efficiency I think nobody can beat the manual-transmission Yaris or Yaris sedan (Vios).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
07' Nissan Sentra GSX fuel efficiency?