New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Good day folks!

Anyone here owns a Nissan Sentra GSX 1.6L?
    I'm planning to buy one and fuel efficiency plays a big factor on my decision.
    If anyone could share their experience on the fuel efficiency of Nissan's QG16DE engine? Kilometer per liter? And how about its performance? Pros and Cons compared to its rivals i.e. Altis, Lancer, Civic etc...

I would very much appreciate it if someone could share their insights.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    balita ko super magastos daw to dahil mas mabigat sya compared sa ibang sedan na same displacement.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not the worst, but not necessarily the best.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i can only get 7-8km/l with this car (mine is M/T) in city driving. my daily route is very short(4 km from house to office) that's why hindi masyadong fuel efficient. But in highway driving it is 13-14km/L which i think almost at par with altis though best parin ang altis when it comes to fuel efficiency.

Pros. its a very comfy car, very relax specially during highway driving/cruising. the engine is very quiet and responsive during overtake hindi ka mabibitin. the QG16de engine has an almost flat torque curve, making power delivery very lineary. you can feel the engine performance up to its redline.

Cons. not as fast as the civic. According to other owner it has speed limiter(max speed is up to 180km/h). i've tried only driving this car * 160km/h * 5000 rpm 5th gear.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *valskie01

Thanks for the figure that you gave. It was a very informative one. I was considering kasi about 10km/L city driving, the least. I never thought Nissan's QG was that of a guzzler...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most 1.6s are drag and power limited to 180 km/h. A few may apparently go 185-190, but that's more likely due to speedometer error than anything else.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    *valskie01

Thanks for the figure that you gave. It was a very informative one. I was considering kasi about 10km/L city driving, the least. I never thought Nissan's QG was that of a guzzler...
    if you compare it to 1.3 engine subcompact car yes it is a gas guzzler car. i heard some altis owner can only hit 7-8 km/l in city driving so i think acceptable na ang fuel consumption ng gsx sentra. plus my daily route is very short which significantly affect the fuel efficiency of my sentra.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *niky

would you choose the sentra over the corolla altis?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    if you compare it to 1.3 engine subcompact car yes it is a gas guzzler car. i heard some altis owner can only hit 7-8 km/l in city driving so i think acceptable na ang fuel consumption ng gsx sentra. plus my daily route is very short which significantly affect the fuel efficiency of my sentra.
    Sir, do you think one could be able to pull a 10Km/L figure on the sentra on a certain driving technique, city driving wise? Sa tingin nyo ba kaya nyo chip?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I wouldn't chose either. The Altis has a wider back seat, I think, but neither car is really near the top-of-the-class, and both are just old.

The Sentra has better airconditioning, and it's a little nicer to drive, but the Altis has a light body and good torque... the Altis should be a bit more fuel efficient in traffic (MT to MT) because of this, but like valskie said, they're roughly similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
07' Nissan Sentra GSX fuel efficiency?