New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hello! I am about to get a 05 Patrol 4500 Presidential Ed. Gas. I was hoping for a diesel but cannot find one and am losing my patience. Is the 4500 gas worth it or should I be more patient and really look for a diesel model (assuming the condition of both gas or diesel are the same)?

Which is better performance wise (power/handling/acceleration etc.)?
    Which is better maintenance wise (easier to maintain)?
    Which is better financially (cost to maintain, run, parts etc)?

I have decided on a Patrol... question na lang is gas ba or diesel at bakit????

Thanks for your feedbacks.
    Last edited by BOSERO; May 31st, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    im no expert in nissan vehicles but because of the constant rising prices of fuel, i think better option is to look for the diesel fed patrol. good luck hunting sir!

OT... im also a dive enthusiast... i posted dun sa tsikot dive thread...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Aside from the Fuel price concern...... what would be the better vehicle in terms of performance and maintenance? 4500 gas or 3000 diesel? Why?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSERO View Post
    Aside from the Fuel price concern...... what would be the better vehicle in terms of performance and maintenance? 4500 gas or 3000 diesel? Why?

diesel sir ..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for diesel... cheaper maintenance, cheaper fuel, low fuel consumption than a gas variant.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    diesel sir ..
    Ok. Diesel is your recommendation. Why diesel?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sotingcoacs View Post
    go for diesel... cheaper maintenance, cheaper fuel, low fuel consumption than a gas variant.
    Aside from the price of fuel issue.... is the diesel a better performing variant? Is it more powerful? Is it more responsive?

When you say diesel has cheaper maintenance... do you mean cheaper parts or less service intervals or more durable parts (thus less maintenance)?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I can only talk from a nissan patrol diesel owner's POV:

Quote Originally Posted by BOSERO View Post
    Hello! I am about to get a 05 Patrol 4500 Presidential Ed. Gas. I was hoping for a diesel but cannot find one and am losing my patience. Is the 4500 gas worth it or should I be more patient and really look for a diesel model (assuming the condition of both gas or diesel are the same)?

Which is better performance wise (power/handling/acceleration etc.)?

I guess acceleration is the most notable difference from the two, our diesel has slow accelaration considering that it is M/T.(You would normally use gears 1-3 if your accelerating hard from a stop light). Power and handling i guess hindi masyado nagkakalayo

Which is better maintenance wise (easier to maintain)?
    Same for both I guess, what's important is you should really follow the maintenance schedule for both variants as in "FOLLOW" and use of replacement part are discouraged since medyo maselan yung makina ng patrol, electronically controlled kasi siya
    all things going on inside the engine is monitored and controlled by a computer through readings from various engine sensors(i.e MAF,EGT.turbo....many more).

Which is better financially (cost to maintain, run, parts etc)?
    sa resale value mataas talaga ang diesel compared to gas, running cost i can say mas mahal ang gas since the cost of fuel, parts depende sa parts.

I have decided on a Patrol... question na lang is gas ba or diesel at bakit????

Thanks for your feedbacks.
    Read the Nissan GU/Y61 threads,

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=21153&page=35

to have an idea about the recurring issues/problems concerning the Nissan Patrol both gas and diesel. And if you have time sign up for the NPCP e-groups( Nissan Patrol club of the Philippines), so you can have more first-hand inputs regarding your queries, who knows some of our members might be selling their rigs.

OT: .. guess Fuel consumption is not an issue coming from an F150...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Enawdski... Thanks for the reply. Very enlightening. I will visit the thread and log onto the egroup you recommended.

Any more inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hi sir,

congrats on deciding to buy a patrol.

to answer your queries.

1. for performance the gas version is more superior than the diesel in terms of power. suspension is basically the same.

2. maintenance- diesel owners have been complaining of turbo and injection pump problems. i have not hear of any problems with the gas version. probably cuz not a lot of people have them.

3. the diesel version will give you better milage.

in my opinion. if fuel consumption and fuel price was not an issue. i would go for the gas version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
05 Patrol 4500gas or 3000diesel and why?