New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    just go 4 the diesel variant. it is very very costly to have a car with a big gasoline engine considering the price of unleaded.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    GO for the gas version. Diesel version has so many issue. FC between gas and diesel is not that far

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^^ +1.

mas comfortable pa ang gas versions ather than diesel.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung walang problems and engine issues ang patrol... diesel ang recommended..why??kasi you need the torque of the diesel engine to haul that patrol's big ass..especially if you are towing a trailer or vehicle...also in off roads you can use the power of the diesel engine.. kaya lang medyo problematic din ang diesel engine nila...

to spare you of the diesel engine worries.. get the gas variant.. yung nga lang expect higher FC especially when the vehicle is loaded...since gas engines consumes more when loaded unlike diesel engines..

kaya nga 4.5L yung gas variant compared sa 3.0L ng diesel... 1.5L more displacement ng gas engine to compensate engine power..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive a diesel version. But considering how much the prices of gasoline versions have gone down, the gassers might be worth a look now.

In most foreign forums, they claim that the gas engines are more bulletproof than the ZD30 diesels.

There are also LPG kits for the gas version available in Australia if you wanted one. These kits use an underbody mounted tank (mounted in the empty space where the sub fuel tank is supposed to be).

If you want a diesel patrol, I know some used car agents that specialize in them (that's where I got mine).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
05 Patrol 4500gas or 3000diesel and why?