New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the thing i don't like about the 4.5 is that it still uses rear drum brakes for some inane reason unlike the zd30...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    according to the australians, the gearing of the auto box is ideally suited to the ZD30, it sits at around 2100 rpm * 100 kph. on the other hand, the manual is much busier: around 2600 rpm * 100 kph. the auto is also better able to mask the torque hole that the ZD30 is said to have at off-idle rpm, they say.

the ZD30 is notorious for being very sensitive to bad fuel quality, and there have been reports of turbos and injection pumps failing prematurely. bottom line is that the electronically-controlled ZD30 is nowhere near as reliable as the ancient mechanical TD42.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir boybi, so should I/we be worried about the dirty diesel and the sensitive injection pump of the zd30 engine?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i think the risk of low quality diesel fuel in the market has been considerably lessened by the intro of "clean" diesel fuel late last year...

however, earlier patrols exposed to diesel fuel prior to this intro could have some vestiges of lower diesel quality "contamination" so to speak... maybe this is the prob. of boybi's zd30 right now...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir mbt, salamat po sa insight tungkol sa problema ng zd30 engine. Di ko na tuloy alam anong kukunin. Previously, I wanted to get a 2nd hand trooper but decided against it due to comments about the delicate engine and dirty RP fuel, so dagdag ng konti, upgrade na lang ang choice ko sa patrol. Ayun, ganun din pala ang gu patrol.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bili ka nalang ng new toyota prado, at least yung engine na gamit nito is still the old one

OT: any new pala about the 4M41 of the gen3 pajero kung sensitive din ito sa fuel quality?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the recommended fuel for the zd30 is 50 centane and above... that's why when i bought my patrol late last year, i insisted on using only seaoil "clean" diesel with it which i knew had an above 50 rating... the other oil companies had 45-48 centane rating for their diesel during that time... after the other oil companies upgraded to "clean" diesel, i also started using their diesel fuel...
    Last edited by turk182; July 2nd, 2004 at 12:14 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by boybi
    bili ka nalang ng new toyota prado, at least yung engine na gamit nito is still the old one

OT: any new pala about the 4M41 of the gen3 pajero kung sensitive din ito sa fuel quality?
    uhm, malaki ang dagdag sa new prado, pwede, pagtumama siguro tayo sa lotto:D

mag 4m40 pajero na lang siguro ako tapos gawin ko na lang ang mods ni sir pajerokid?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by turk182
    the recommended fuel for the zd30 is 50 centane and above... that's why when i bought my patrol late last year, i insisted on using only seaoil "clean" diesel with it which i knew had an above 50 rating... the other oil companies had 45-48 centane rating for their diesel during that time... after the other oil companies upgraded to "clean" diesel, i also started using their diesel fuel...
    Sir turk182, yung big 3 (shell, caltex, petron) only has 45-48? Where I am from, have no choice but the big 3, malayo ang new players. Parang may nabasa ako somewhere that europe diesel is 42+ cetane, while the Phils is only max 40 cetane, that's why daw hirap ang mga crdi engines dito sa atin. The zd30 is not crdi, just direct injection di ba?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    seaoil "clean" diesel has a centane rating of 52... that's from their own spec data for their diesel fuel...

the big three should already have above 50 ratings for their diesel fuels after introducing theor own versions of "clean" diesel...

zd30 is direct di but just as boybi said, its injection pump is very sophisticated and sensitive to diesel fuel quality... that's why a 50 and above centane diesel fuel is recommended for it... it's in the owner's manual of the gu patrol (zd30)...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
03 nissan patrol