New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by matoi View Post
    hello.. about the cleaning of the MAF sensor.. who/where can i send my car to inspect on this? i've tried asking in gas station service centers and they don't know what a MAF sensor is..

and, any estimates on as to how much the cleaning of this costs?? :P thanks!
    It's pretty straightforward to do DIY. You'll need carb cleaner or electric contact cleaner and the proper allen key to unscrew the MAF assembly which is right after the airbox.

Once you've removed it, just spray a generous serving of carb or electric contact cleaner into the MAF, reinstall and you're ready to go. Just don't touch the hotwire (the sensor itself) and you'll be fine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MAF Sensor cleaning instructions are all over the internet. Yes, it uses a torx security screw (buy one at the mall hardware store).

It's really straighforward. I just learned how to do it from Vinj via the internet.

Someone posting a pic of the Sentra MAF would be a great help. I don't have a Sentra and the MAF on my vehicle (also a Nissan) might look a bit different and might be located in a different place.

Rule of thumb, the MAF sensor is somewhere along the air intake before it enters the engine. Just follow all the black plumbing from the air cleaner housing and look for anything held by a torx screw and has a wire sticking out of it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    MAF Sensor cleaning instructions are all over the internet. Yes, it uses a torx security screw (buy one at the mall hardware store).

It's really straighforward. I just learned how to do it from Vinj via the internet.

Someone posting a pic of the Sentra MAF would be a great help. I don't have a Sentra and the MAF on my vehicle (also a Nissan) might look a bit different and might be located in a different place.

Rule of thumb, the MAF sensor is somewhere along the air intake before it enters the engine. Just follow all the black plumbing from the air cleaner housing and look for anything held by a torx screw and has a wire sticking out of it.
    Do Nissan Veritas have MAF sensors? I think ours is dirty as it tends to choke when in the higher RPMs. I'll take a pic of the engine soon and post it here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
02 Nissan Exalta Grandeur A/T Inquiry