New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    its the southbound skyway from magallanes. yeah medyo maikli nga. anyway we have it checked up every 5tkm with nissan.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    saan po kaya makakakuha ng owner's guide/ operation manual ng '02 grandeur... kakakuha ko lang kasi ng sakin.. hindi ko alam gamitin yung mga functions sa dash...

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    here's an official factory manual for nissan...might come in handy.
    http://www.yariksteel.ru/manual/puls...%20SR20DET.pdf

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt View Post
    here's an official factory manual for nissan...might come in handy.
    http://www.yariksteel.ru/manual/puls...%20SR20DET.pdf

salamat sir

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi,

I know that this is an old post, but could someone point me to where I can get a body kit or custom front bumper for this car model.

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    My sis used to have one:

- Very comfy car but the suspension is soft. The bottoming out of the rear suspension can be cured by upgrading to gas shocks at the rears (i got Paraut gas shocks for ours at 1.5K a pop before)

- stable at high speeds. better stability on the highway as compared to an EK Civic or AE101/AE111 Corolla (its heavier then the other two also). The Exalta Grandeur is actually more of a Nissan Pulsar (N-series platform) rather than a Nissan Sentra (B-series platform). Add 15" rims with 195/55 tires and reaching the 180kph top-speed (speed limiter-governed) on the NLEX is very drama free.

- Fuel consumption is in the 8km/L range; the engine uses consumable/maintainance parts similar to the GA series engine of the 1993-1995 Sentra B13 and 1995-2001/Exalta Sentra B14 so parts isnt really a problem.

- the weak parts of this car is the more related to some of the electronic doo-dads; check if the VCD player is functioning well. Check also power door locks and antenna.

- The MAF sensor should be cleaned with electric contact cleaner every 10,000kms or so... (pretty straightforward though... just don't touch the sensor pin); an extremely dirty MAF sensor results in poor engine performance (parang hirap to reach high rpms), some fuel knock, and poorer fuel consumption.

- leg room at the back is more on the tighter side compared to the Civic and 2001 - up Altis.
    hello.. about the cleaning of the MAF sensor.. who/where can i send my car to inspect on this? i've tried asking in gas station service centers and they don't know what a MAF sensor is..

and, any estimates on as to how much the cleaning of this costs?? :P thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hi everyone,

i'm planning to buy a 2001 nissan exalta grandeur for 275k.

i need your advice if it is a good buy.

i don't know anything about cars and this is gonna be my first car (if ever).

ask ko lang po if hindi kaya ako mamroblema eventually sa maintenance?
    how about the fuel consumption? is it ideal for an everyday car?

i love the interiors of this car and the way it looks, everthing seems working (except the lcd). but i am not quite sure if the engine is good. i need to have it checked by a mechanic. the mileage is at 50,000 quite low for a ten year old car.

thank you so much for your insights.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mahal. sold mine earlier this year (feb) for only 230k. try to haggle to bring the price down.

i was actually very happy with this car and i kinda miss driving it already. it's not very fast (especially with the 4A/T) but fun enough to drive through city traffic. it does have a very good interior and A/C. gas mileage is pretty decent at 8.5-9 km/l (tipid city driving). reliable enough to take out of town any day of the week.

for maintenance, just be sure to change the oil/filters/other consumable parts at regular intervals (used to change my oil every 10k, fully synthetic). again, clean the MAF every oil change. if you take care of the car, it will take care of you as well. follow these and the engine won't give you much problems.

some problems i encountered with this car include:
    key/ignition: the transponder in my key ****ed up and i had to change the entire key set + ignition switch. mahal ito.

shock absorbers - front ones gave on the car's 7th year i think

alternator - changed brand new

engine mounts / bushings / links - eto, you'll get annoyed sometimes because of the "kalampag" so you'll have to take care of these. but they're cheap parts and easy to find.

electronics - lcd / keyless entry - tend to give as the car ages

plastics - they also have a tendency to become brittle (so take care of the fake wood trims)

overall, i loved this car (this was also the first car i bought with my own money) and enjoyed driving it in and out of the city. it can give you a lot of annoyances (the electronic and suspension parts), but like i said earlier, take care of it and i don't think it will let you down.

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstcar View Post
    hi everyone,

i'm planning to buy a 2001 nissan exalta grandeur for 275k.

i need your advice if it is a good buy.

i don't know anything about cars and this is gonna be my first car (if ever).

ask ko lang po if hindi kaya ako mamroblema eventually sa maintenance?
    how about the fuel consumption? is it ideal for an everyday car?

i love the interiors of this car and the way it looks, everthing seems working (except the lcd). but i am not quite sure if the engine is good. i need to have it checked by a mechanic. the mileage is at 50,000 quite low for a ten year old car.

thank you so much for your insights.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks so much for your insights sir.

i will take note of everything. and yes i will try to haggle to lower the price.

actually, medyo torn ako between a 2005 honda city for 350k and this one. but i'm more inclined to get the grandeur. not only because the price is lower but it looks good din. ang worry ko lang baka it will give in shortly kasi its ten years old na.

thanks po ulit.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Aside from the Casa where can you have the MAF Sensor cleaned? Preferrably Makati area. And how long does that process take? Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
02 Nissan Exalta Grandeur A/T Inquiry