New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    ano kaya kung makaka-order pa ng big bikes na automatic/semi-automatic? maka-canvass nga sa motor cycle dealers. yon sana ang trip ko e, kasi nasanay na ko sa semi-automatic e, yong may 1st to 4th gear pero walang clutch, bad trip kasi pag di ka na sanay sa may clutch, namamatay ang engine pag wrong timing ang shifting mo.
    Kesa mag big bike ka kung hindi ka sanay sa may clutch kumuha ka na lang ng Grand dink , Joyride , Sym GTS , Yamaha Majesty o TMAX kung gusto mo ng power na nahahawig sa big bike.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Let's just say I'm new in biking, then I have a very decent budget to buy a motorcycle. Can you tell me what motorbike ay OK na OK para sa mga beginners or rookies?

Sir Leo, are you fond of dirtbiking (trails and enduros) for a weekend warrior?

If so, you'd be fine for a beginner-bike like a Honda XR200 4-stroke, or even a stock Honda XRM, or this Yamaha DT125 2-stroke i had before:

Sooner, or later, with enough seat-of-pants exposure to trails and enduros (not necessarily motocross, which is by far one of the most dangerous sports that demands topnotch physique, concentration, commitment, stamina, and superb riding skills), you may be able to progress to a 4-stroke 250cc dirtbike or even a 450cc dirtbike like this honey.... HUWAAAW!

In my case sir, since 2007 i have changed my bike to a 250cc YZ250 2-stroke and could have never been better....

i get to enjoy the nature outside of bustling cities, able to traverse trails that are hard-to-access or inaccessible to 4x4 vehicles.... and so far in our list as a group of trailriders, we've been through the mountain ranges of Rizal, Bulacan in Ipo Dam area, Pampanga, Zambales and Tarlac (specifically the scenery at Mount Pinatubo area)....

Goodluck on your choices sir!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    for me, i learned using a honda wave kasi semi automatic via foot clutch lang. good thing about it is you can start driving at 2nd or 3rd gear para medyo mabagal ang arangkada, especially kung di mo pa masyado timplado yung twist sa throttle. then pag comfortable ka na with the throttle and shifting pattern you can start na with the 1st gear.

ive tried yung mga automatic scoots nung nagsisimula pa ako but i find it quite hard lalo na yung bglang arangkada

OT lang...
    when i was using my bike, 1500 pesos worth of fuel ko good for almost 3 months na, ngayon im driving a car, 1,500 per week na
    hehehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What bike is OK for the newbies?