New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    He skid crashes unto a concrete barrier with an expose steel bar, where his body protruded through it.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    saw your post in mcp and you will get a different answer compared to tsikot. in tsikot, riders are called idiots most of the time. in mcp car drivers are called assholes most of the time and the calling out of names never mind. given your age, you should be mature enough to decide rather than possibly hearing it from somebody who had 15 pesos and surfed the internet and saw your post.

JMHO.
    hahaha nice one Sir

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by awoooooo View Post
    Ganito rin problema ko nung college days ko. Pero nung sinabi ko sa nanay ko na 200php per week lang ang gas ko imbes na 1.5k, pumayag agad.
    this is true - me drive 4 wheels will cost me Php1,250 a week but with my Raider R150 it will only cost me 200 pesos THats home-office vice versa about 28km ride.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    According to a proverb ... In the case of a car, metal wraps around body and yet people still get into accidents and die. In the case of a motorcycle, it's body wrapping around metal and when something untoward happens ... well, you get the idea.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jon121 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a medical student and I drive a car that's "unofficially" mine (dad owns it but I drive it most of the time). I use it everyday to and from school etc. Lately, I've been fantasizing about riding a motorcycle, not as main transportation, but for weekend rides around Manila. Its more like a toy for me. I like the idea of being free and feeling the thrill of riding and enjoying the link between man and machine.

But, my parents are against it. They said its too risky especially in manila. Of course, as a parent, they wouldn't want me to risk my life or ruin my future of being a doctor. Everyone I've talked to about this are against this idea as well.

Now, I'm torn between my fantasy and the reality of riding in manila. Is it really that dangerous? Am I really going to be stupid if I buy a motorcycle for myself?
    From a rider who has had a chance to drive a lot of two wheeled motor vehicles in the past, here's what I can share…

The wind in your face isn't exactly fresh all the time. In provincial areas the air is fresh but filled with insects especially at night. Nothing beats fresh bugs in your gums during night rides but who cares, it's fantastic. In manila its a different story, a round of different cocktails of smoke coming from all sorts of vehicles mixed with the emission of drainages that mimic the smell of fantastic FARTS.

If you ride with a group in long rides be prepared for a tiring drive. You will be exhausted but none of these will matter compared to the sites you will see and experience. Oh yeah, in manila no sites but a lot of chicks filling the scenes.

Gas is cheap and definitely worth taking a chick as your back rider. With a chick back rider in tow, try to pass by those bumpy gravels and rough asphalts and you will feel the sensation of a massage in your back.

A bike is like a woman, it's a good conversational trophy and a darn tricky to maintain. But we all have had a chance to have girlfriends here and there so that should never be a problem, right?

I'm 50 years old now and have been riding scooters, all kinds of motorcycles including big bikes (had 8 different types at one time) in the past 32 years but now forbidden by my SWMBO for health reasons. Nothing fades in my memory of the wonderful days of freely going around without a care or worry in those few moments of joy rides. Go ahead, have fun!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    A former co worker of mine in his early fifties recently had a very bad accident on his ducati. His loves riding his bike on weekends only with his group taking his wife with him most of the time. They went to pangasinan. Cruising quite fast on a curve he overshot his lane. Lo and behold biglang may kasalubong na off balance sila para maiwasan yun kasalubong. Result was his wife died and he survived with a lot of stitches all over.
    The guy you are referring to could be a close friend and high school buddy of mine. He was my team mate in our varsity team playing Soccer for Don Bosco Technical Institute Makati. We are all bound to go in this lifetime. You cannot choose how life will end but at least live it to the fullest not with regrets. We were all devastated with what happened to him and his wife but it did not deter our free spirit. We are still risk takers but not stupid thrill seekers. We are now more careful than ever. My riding days are over due to health reasons but the irony is when I slowed down on my adventures that is the time all these health issues kicked in. I should've just continued riding and traveling back then. :chopper:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    He died on a speed bike crashed accident. Inside the Speedway race track in clark.

in other words, if it can happen to a presumably better rider than you and me several times over, and in a speedway that has been presumably designed to maximize safety...
    papano pa kung ikaw o ako, sa snarling traffic that is the public road...?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Yup...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT

Ano legal age para mag drive ng scooter?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    A friend was walking in a street in Adriatico at around 6pm in 2008 when a car stopped by and the occupants declared a holdup. They took his celfone and stabbed him to death. A couple in 2012 stopped by at a 7-Eleven outlet in Marikina in the corner of Bayan-Bayanan Ave. and General Ordonez St. around 7pm to get some groceries. The Husband went to buy the goods leaving the wife in the car engaged in a celfone conversation with a friend. A few minutes later a stranger banged at the window of the car with a gun pointed at the wife signaling that he wanted the girl's celfone. Out of fright and lost sensibility the girl opened the window and gave her fone and wallet. When the husband got back he found his wife shaking and crying. It seems a Celfone can be referred to as a crime Magnet nowadays but no one seems to fuzz about how deadly it can be. Even if you know there are risks in owning, operating and flashing a celfone you would still have it as your reliable partner and in fact could not live without it. THAT IS HOW WE FEEL AS BIKE OWNERS AND RIDERS! Nobody can predict what can happen to you if you carry a celfone nor ride a motorbike but you yourself can control your risks by hiding your Fone in your pockets and use them in areas where you think it is safe to bring them out. Same goes for Motorbikes, you use them with protective gears and ride them where they are safe to use. I cannot guarantee that other people especially thieves won't take an interest in my celfone but I won't give them the opportunity to steal it nor kill me in the process of doing so. Same with my Bike, I cannot guarantee that some carjacker or stupid rider will not hit on me but for sure I will take steps to ensure my safety when I am out there. Now go live your life!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast