New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Look at the bus lanes. You could see buses out of the lane and private cars inside the lane. But I noticed, the MMDA enforcers don't apprehend the bus drivers who are off the lane. Sa mga private car drivers kasi malamang kumita pa sila.
    kumikita din naman sila sa mga bus at mga jeep (regular pa )

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what i want to know is, how did the motorcycle get 6 feet under?? :confused:

did somebody take the time to bury it? and for what purpose? one of the unsolved mysteries of our generation

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The reason why i proposed that is because often, UB and scoot riders here are uneducated, uncivilized and just got their licenses by paying off the LTO fixers. They don't know jack about street signs, road rules and often, regard themselves as exempted from these rules so they often end up dead on the road or engaged in an accident.

They counterflow, they cross pedestrian lanes, they block pedestrian lanes (on a red light). I mean just what the hell are these clowns thinking? They own the road or something? And they want expressway access??? I can't imagine the chaos they'll create. Responsible bikers are welcome though.

Then when accidents happen they often blame the cage driver. When they damage cars, they flee as coward thieves. That is from experience. These psychos put spikes on their handlebars to intentionally damage cars and SUVs. They don't care if they damage expensive property. They can easily run away anyway.

My friends who ride KTM, Aprilia, BMW and Ducatis are often the courteous and responsible ones on the road. They don't counterflow. They have cars and SUVs too so they know the limitations of being inside a car. The the blind spots and so on. They don't put spikes on their handlebars. These type of riders are often the ones i see who are good to other motorists on the road.

I don't discount the fact that some UB and scoot drivers are also courteous and law abiders but then again they're probably 0.0000001% of the population of riders.

Of course, who doesn't want harmony on the road? Everyone is welcome to use it but please follow the rules. If they wanna die, that's none of my business but i hope they do it without harming anyone else. Like the one who ran over an old lady in QC, the poor lady died. The one who bumped a bicycle in Junction Cainta, the bicycle rider, an old man, died of internal hemorrhage. Those two killers were never apprehended. it was a traffic and they both sped away.

In McKinley road, motorcycles there are often counterflowing. Several times, I've had some word wars with those morons.

I ride motorcycles too so i know being responsible on the road is possible. I don't bank, i don't race. I don't run over the pedestrian lane like some idiot to cross the street.

In turning, they always want to prove they can get through, several times, i was turning left, a moron would try to overtake on my left, same with turning right. Just what the hell is their problem anyway? were they abused by their parents or something?

We have enough problems with the jeeps, taxis and buses already, please don't add to the problem.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think the root cause of this problem is the way our country grants driving licenses to both car and motorcycle riders. I mean, who among us actually had a proper practical driving exam? ? ?

So the solution is proper education! But of course, with it, the cost of getting a driver's license will probably be at least 10x more and people will start complaining how anti-poor it is.

And I'm 100% sure that the gov't knows the solution to this problem so political will talga ang kailangan ... *sigh*

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    My friends who ride KTM, Aprilia, BMW and Ducatis are often the courteous and responsible ones on the road. They don't counterflow. They have cars and SUVs too so they know the limitations of being inside a car. The the blind spots and so on. They don't put spikes on their handlebars. These type of riders are often the ones i see who are good to other motorists on the road.
    Same thing with cars, I notice many drivers of nicer or well kept cars are usually more courteous as well...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ang isa pang nakakainis sa mga motorcyclists kung ginagamit nila ang sidewalk.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Oo tapos bubusinahan yung mga naglalakad. Mga walang modo eh.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    buti na lng di na ako naka UB & scoot . Para skin lng ha ok lng naman ksi sumungit ka as long as na maingat ka(I do drive a car,van&suv to). Basta para skin karamihan ng bikers & cager's walang disiplina sinasabi nyo mas madami bikerz?? dont think so subukan nyo mag motor malalaman nyo, yng mga nag oovertake sa rigth lane tas gigitgitin ka porkit naka motor ka hay naku. Pero pansin ko dati ksi dati UB motor ko wala rumerespeto ngyun Enduro type mas madami na ang remerspeto na cagers bat ganun????

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The reason why i proposed that is because often, UB and scoot riders here are uneducated, uncivilized and just got their licenses by paying off the LTO fixers. They don't know jack about street signs, road rules and often, regard themselves as exempted from these rules so they often end up dead on the road or engaged in an accident.

which goes back to the root of the problem... licensing... we should get the licensing house in order and everything will follow...

i think it just aint right to exclude and/or penalize a whole class of motor vehicle users just because we can't get the licensing process in order.. it isn't fair...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Favorite ko sa mga undisciplined motorcycle drivers yung pag counterflow nila against sa way ko, taking up to 1 meter of my lane. Gagawin ko sasalubungin ko talaga para matakot at bumalik sa lane nila i'm a scooter rider myself pero hindi ko ginagawa yung mag counterflow unless overtaking safely

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Motorcycle 6 feet Under!