New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Except for the pipe, spark plug air filter...

What other parts can you modify to upgrade your ride?

Modified/Racing bikes are not meant for everyday use right?

R150 is a fast bike... i am just curious why people replace their cams with racing cam, their block, carb and other parts? but the question is that - will these changes be good for your bike?

I know this is odd but i just want to know which part can be modified if you'll be using it for everyday use only? basically to make it go a bit faster...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    use racing CDI

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by batusai_jr View Post
    Except for the pipe, spark plug air filter...

What other parts can you modify to upgrade your ride?

Modified/Racing bikes are not meant for everyday use right?

R150 is a fast bike... i am just curious why people replace their cams with racing cam, their block, carb and other parts? but the question is that - will these changes be good for your bike?

I know this is odd but i just want to know which part can be modified if you'll be using it for everyday use only? basically to make it go a bit faster...
    People wants to be astig kasi so they modify their bikes. The Raider is a very powerful motorcycle in stock form, replacing any parts is a choice. Sometimes, modifying you're bike the right way will have a good effect on everyday use.

My recommended modifications on your motorcycle are:

>Aftermarket Exhaust (DBS, Yoshimura, NB, etc.) i recommend Yoshimura if you have the moolah. DBS would be the better choice if you don't have enough cash to buy Yoshimura.

>Rejet Carburetor Jetting (increase Main Jet Size to 115) After changing your exhaust, Carb Rejetting is a must thus replacing your exhaust gives the engine more room to breathe but still the why replace the exhaust rate if the rate of intake is still the same? This affects low end and top end power and response. After this, you can also port&polish the intake face of the carb to make a venturi type intake.

>Iridium or Platinum Spark Plugs (NGK, Bosch, Denso) i forgot the spark plug size for the Raider, i think it's IUF25 something...

The Setups ABOVE are good for everyday driving, for more performance you can install a Yoshimura Camshaft. Recommended by Suzuki but it's better to stay pure stock and go super stock right?

IMHO, you can also change your CDI. it's also a good choice if you don't wanna install a Yoshimura Camshaft.

Also Replace your tires, i recommend Dunlop TT900's.
    For a better riding position, replace stock shifters to Aftermarket Rear Sets.

Everything else, stay stock.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    The simple modification for Raider 150 pero ASTIG are.

Cylinder Head Port&Polish
    Carb Jettings
    Irridium Sparkplug
    Open Pipe (Replace stock pipe with limiter)
    Stock CDI / Racing BRT Cdi

Ok na takbo nito Tipid pa sa setup, for everyday and long drive use.

Pero luk for good/expert mechanic/tuner to do the above modifications.

goto www.motorcyclephilippines.com, you can learn more here for modified raider150.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir if i were you i wont buy racing cdi, they're not meant for long distance drives po kasi, mapupundi po siya if ever gagamitin mo for daily ride. sa pipe using open pipe with no engine mods better stay stock. pag open po kasi bilis umakyatng rpm nun, sa stock engine wala ng pang rekta yun paps, hihingalin makina mo kasi wala na back pressure yung pipe. iridium sparkplugs doesn't really help, it's ok if your into drag racing kasi hanggang sa huli-hulihang bagay dapat may lamang ka sa kalaban mo, but for a daily ride d masyado need. pa honing mo na lng carb mo paps, den slight honing lang nung engine, o yung port and polish para yung meju magaspang na parts sa engine i.e ( exhausts and intake ) eh mapakinis mo dapat, in that way pagpasok ng gas sa inake wala ng sasabitan direstosa loob, ganun d sa paglabas. trust me owner of a raider here since 2005 hehe

Modifying error of Raider 150 for everyday use