New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    which of the two is better in general? i know they are completely different type of bike but im 5'9 so ride height isn't an issue with me. i like the XR for it's sporty and the rugged looks and of course it is HONDA, while the 4 valve raider also looks furious, don't care of the speed that much, just to have a toy when i don't feel like driving my pick up. thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    the XR 200 would be a whole lot more comfortable to ride. period..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quite agree... longer stroke suspension, more torque. If you're 5'9", you won't find the tall seat a big problem.

Motard conversion!

The Raider's driving position is a bit more hunched over than other underbones. You'll actually have to sit on it to find out for yourself if it fits you. It's fun to ride... if you've actually got a loooong piece of road that you can wind the manic little 150 out on. Otherwise, it's just another underbone.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    now thats what i call a real mans bike.. heheh.. diba the underbone bikes where made for women? hehehe.. guys not trying to start a war here.. but speaking from a friend who went to tacloban using his Raider 150, by the time he reached tacloban. he had a sore back and had to rest a day to heal..

the next time i heard him planning to travel to mindanao, i asked if he was goin to use his raider again.. what he told me made sense.. he said why would he want to suffer riding his Raider when he can travel in comfort on his XR200.

from my point of view, and from the few times i have riden a raider, the XR200 is definitely more comfortable..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Now of this days Motard is becoming a Trend in the market the Honda XR200 just replaced with a street tire is already a dual sport you can use it off road by replacing a noby tires. If you really want a Motard bike its fun to ride and lots of torque can out run a big bike in the twisty road of Infanta and Sierra Madre. An Underbone Raider is good for daily Traffic in the city and circuit track. XR200 still more stable to ride compare to raider.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hey guys i appreciate your replies, i think i have to settle down with XR...you're right the raider might just give me backache, though my brother keeps pushing me to get the raider, im falling in love with the motard set up pang bad boys ang dating hehe, thanks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Anyway goodluck on your choice of bike and get what you really want.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    haha i also drive a pick up and an XLR200. but had to sell my XLR na kasi bihira ko na sya magamit and natakot nako. everynight na lang sa news may sumemplang na motor, everynight na lang.
    i agree, XLR is very comfortable, ganda ng suspension, good commanding view of the road, and panis ang mga lubak sa kalye natin. simply go anywhere bike. pinalitan ko lang yung knobbies with street tires, ayus na for manila roads. great toy. wa epek ang trapik. i always arrive on meetings on time because of this bike. miss my bike tuloy. Raider makes me drool too. ganda rin ng Bajaj/kwak Rouser.

p.s. i am barely 5'4" and i got no problems riding the XLR

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Madalas rin akong makakita ng actual na aksidente sa kalsada kadalasan sa mga baguhan ang pagreno sa basa , buhangin at may langis kaya kailangan ng protective gear para protection ng rider . Maganda lang sa XLR kahit traffic pwede mong isampa sa bangketa.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ok din yung sniper ng yamaha..ayaw mo ba??ala ba sa choixes mo?

Honda xr200 vs. Suzuki raider 150