New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    I rather prefer a proper dirt bike (electric) as it's already a tried and tested platform.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    I rather prefer a proper dirt bike (electric) as it's already a tried and tested platform.

there are lots of full-size electric dirt bikes. check out the Alta Redshift MX. just like electric cars they weight a lot more than their gasoline counterparts they cost a lot too

i want something i could easily lift over obstacles and such. so the sur-ron fits the bill. it actually uses some mountain bike components. and it's cheap too. got to hand it to china for producing an excellent product at a reasonable price

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    This KTM E-SX is around P450,000 (shipping not included). The KTM 250R freeride gasoline equivalent is P400,000. The Redshift MX is at P550,000. (All converted from USD).

But, it's not as if we're not used to the exorbitant prices of mountain bikes. Lmao!

I would love to buy one, but availability is something we have to dream about. I hate shipping it from abroad and besides, you are on your own here if something goes wrong. No support, nothing. It will suck big time.

But, if there are authorized dealers here, I prefer the concept of renting the battery. It should help keep the price down. I could rent 2 battery packs, one for back up so I won't have to wait for it to fully charge.

I don't like the gasoline types because I hate the clutch and sequential shifting. I prefer simplicity of operation. It's just throttle and brakes for the electric. Nothing can get simpler than that.

Look Ma! No clutch. lol

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I hope for future electric bikes, they would also incorporate self balancing bikes.

Also, tip over proof with the help of gyroscope when the bike gets involved in a collision. Skip at 0:50.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    This KTM E-SX is around P450,000 (shipping not included). The KTM 250R freeride gasoline equivalent is P400,000. The Redshift MX is at P550,000. (All converted from USD).

But, it's not as if we're not used to the exorbitant prices of mountain bikes. Lmao!

I would love to buy one, but availability is something we have to dream about. I hate shipping it from abroad and besides, you are on your own here if something goes wrong. No support, nothing. It will suck big time.

But, if there are authorized dealers here, I prefer the concept of renting the battery. It should help keep the price down. I could rent 2 battery packs, one for back up so I won't have to wait for it to fully charge.

I don't like the gasoline types because I hate the clutch and sequential shifting. I prefer simplicity of operation. It's just throttle and brakes for the electric. Nothing can get simpler than that.

Look Ma! No clutch. lol

check out what i'm building. i'll upgrade to rockshox if needed. and maybe a quad piston. that's a 203mm rotor

i could import the Sur-Ron and become the distributor here in PH. i'm already very familiar w/ battery packs and such

the question is, would it sell here?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

check out what i'm building. i'll upgrade to rockshox if needed. and maybe a quad piston. that's a 203mm rotor

i could import the Sur-Ron and become the distributor here in PH. i'm already very familiar w/ battery packs and such

anything will sell, if the price is right.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Woah! That's so cool dude!! That requires mad skills building your own e-bike.

Not familiar with Sur-Ron, but, I checked the video and it looks pretty fast!

It's only USD3,475 or P185,000 converted. It's more or less the same price as the Specialized Enduro Comp. The price sure is very enticing.

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-mx-electric/

It looks sick! You posted an earlier video of the Sur-Ron, but, I thought this was just another stealth bomber knock off. lol

But, not sure whether it can handle high flying jumps and abuses though. lol

I'll just have to check it out then.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    The abuses:

LOL

It can do endos, wheelies, stairs, jumps, bunny hops, drifts and a 360 burnout.

Not bad at all. Now, we're talking. I'm stoked!

The quality built:

It's a carefully and well thought out design. Although, this is made in China, thus, the general perception of questionable quality, it seems that the guys from China hired European engineers and designers. I can smell Euro design, quality and safety standard all over the bike. lol

Since, this bike is just new, I really hate to be an early adopter. I'll wait it out and give it time for it to mature in the market.

Overall, a cool bike that I'll buy in a heartbeat.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I want one 120Nm for only 8800MYR

Niu e-scooters now in Malaysia - priced at RM8,8

theres an even more powerful one...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014

It's a carefully and well thought out design. Although, this is made in China, thus, the general perception of questionable quality, it seems that the guys from China hired European engineers and designers. I can smell Euro design, quality and safety standard all over the bike. lol

Since, this bike is just new, I really hate to be an early adopter. I'll wait it out and give it time for it to mature in the market.

Overall, a cool bike that I'll buy in a heartbeat.

you're underestimating the "enemy" if i could design, build and weld everything by myself from scratch in my garage then definitely a team of chinese engineers w/ millions in funding could do a nicer job

though i have to say my build came out even lighter than the surron, despite carrying more cells

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Electric Bikes