New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post

compare with say a Getz. 12km/L and 43 pesos/L = 3.58/km not counting maintenance. or a Honda XRM, 50km/L = 0.86/L. so the electric scooter is not cheaper than a gasoline powered scooter because of the battery replacement issue.
    Sorry i did not get what you meant by that...

that was actually a nice comparison....but here is how I think when I roughly compare them

gas consumption
    car: 6 to maybe 50 km/li in some models
    gas bikes: 8 to 100 km/li depending on model
    e bike: 100 to maybe 300 km/li

if we factor in battery maintenance cost:
    I believe the Getz needs battery replacement also... even the xrm needs regular battery replacement... so battery replacement of 3-4 thousand a month as a maintenance cost every 1-2 years for an e-bike is not a real turn off... so far, after several months of use, my battery is fine. I just had to replace some wire plugs/adaptors for a more reliable connection... a few silicon spray on the moving parts...that is it... it's plug and play!
    so
    car: about 3000 per year if maintenance free
    gas bike: about 500 to 900 pesos / year
    e bike: about 3500 to 4500 pesos / 1.5 to 2 years

Oil consumption
    car: regular engine oil change...maybe 2 thou / 3 months
    gas bikes: regular oil change ...maybe 1 thousand / 3 months
    e bike: occasional silicon spray on the moving parts/bearing areas, usually the wheels.... 200 pesos one can lasts a long time.

its nice to do the math...

considering that e-bike users are also helping avoid harmful green house gas contributions...that explain beginning mass extinction of species, drowning polar bears, melting glaciers revealing borrowed islands, extreme flooding and drought globally according to scientists, etc etc.... true or not, I suggest we go easy on e-bike believers....

tire consumption:
    car: 2,500-5000/tire times 4 every 2-5 years
    gas bikes: 1000-2000/tire times 2 every 2-5 years
    e bikes: maybe the same as gas bikes

and so on and so forth ...etc etc which are also all worth considering and discussing.,, i hope somebody does.

I am just glad I am one of those persons who can easily adapt biking into my lifestyle, otherwise... kung wala akong tyaga, siguro ma-iinggit lang ako sa nag ba-bike... i may only rationalize that bikes are accident prone daw (even if actual statistics prove that 4 wheelers have more accidents considering other factors) ... I may also rationalize that bikers are "of a lower kind" daw.... barumbado sa karsada ... (even if in reality, there are a lot of highly educated and upper class people enjoying bikes and who know when to speed up and know when to just cruise along)..hehehe.. so if you are planning to buy an e bike for errands and short distance travel, you can't go wrong.... welcome to the club....expect critics.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I agree with you. We, both a seller and user of electric bikes, experience user-friendly, maintenance-free vehicle as an alternative to cars, especially on short trips.

Pls. check out our LA e bike More Powerful and More Reliable Brand Electric Bike Philippines - 3602875

The e-bikes battery could last up to 1 year or more, depending on the care and frequency of use. But a Php 7,000.00 worth of battery for 1 year, is better than loading a gasoline every 3 days and registering your motorcycle/car every year with LTO.
    We actually have a copy of the memorandum from LTO that electric bicycles do not require registration. What they require are those LEV. Light Electric Vehicle. Electric vehicles that are more than 500Watts, no pedals, etc.

Should you need more info, please log on to www.global-ebikes.com.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by norrissee View Post
    Electric powered motorcycles: Any ideas or experiences? Are they reliable?

I'm thinking of buying one for my daily home/office commute since I live just 1-2km away from my office don't want to wear out my car engine by driving it short distances everyday...
    check this out
    LA e bike More Powerful and More Reliable Brand Electric Bike Philippines - 3602875

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    try the Imove. Smaller version of imove. When you use this as your mode of trasportation, All eyes will be on you. Eco friendly because its battery operated. check their website

IMOVE- same pronciple as Segway

This one is a Zero Dual-Sport. American-made, with Lithium-iron batteries.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    my brother bought an ebike from TAiLG MARKETING shop located at starmall edsa. he bought one with a pedal just in case

ma low batt and the other one na mukhang scooter. I tried it may hatak naman kasi 800 watts yung eScooter. sabi ng brod ko

battery last for 3days ran it aroung 25km a day. im also thinking of buying one , i travel 20km a day to the office and house.

good idea kaya ito? if battery is 5 to 7k a year, better pa yata yung d gasolina na lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    my brother bought an ebike from TAiLG MARKETING shop located at starmall edsa. he bought one with a pedal just in case

ma low batt and the other one na mukhang scooter. I tried it may hatak naman kasi 800 watts yung eScooter. sabi ng brod ko

battery last for 3days ran it aroung 25km a day. im also thinking of buying one , i travel 20km a day to the office and house.

good idea kaya ito? if battery is 5 to 7k a year, better pa yata yung d gasolina na lang.
    Consider that the Li-Ion battery will be expensive to replace. You might want to check just how much it would cost you to replace it. Assume the battery will have a life of around 500 cycles. So aside from the electricity cost, factor in the cost of the battery replacement to have the true operating cost.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    get a gas fed moped instead!
    Last edited by holdencaulfield; May 16th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Boss anthon 05, i also have tailg ebike my 1st ebike buy ko pa sa ilocos norte branch nila, 1yr and 5 months na saakin running good pa, upgraded na nga po yung ebike ko ^^, and my 2nd and 3rd unit sa pasay branch ko na binili 1st branch nila d2 sa manila same sa starmall 2nd brand nila here in manila.. sir hindi po kada taaon kayo dapat magpalit ng battery kung sa charging walang pong problema, no need to drain the battery para icharge nyo ulit.. ako nga sir every gamit ko charge ko agad kasi po lead acid po battery nyan masamang nadrain like li-ion battery na ginagamit ng mga advance country like us. kung maala nyo sir li-ion din baterya ng mga digicam no need to drain diba for long life span ng battery photographers can prove that ^^, sana po nakatulong po info ko po sainyo...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Boss anthon 05, i also have tailg ebike my 1st ebike buy ko pa sa ilocos norte branch nila, 1yr and 5 months na saakin running good pa, upgraded na nga po yung ebike ko ^^, and my 2nd and 3rd unit sa pasay branch ko na binili 1st branch nila d2 sa manila same sa starmall 2nd brand nila here in manila.. sir hindi po kada taaon kayo dapat magpalit ng battery kung sa charging walang pong problema, no need to drain the battery para icharge nyo ulit.. ako nga sir every gamit ko charge ko agad kasi po lead acid po battery nyan masamang nadrain like li-ion battery na ginagamit ng mga advance country like us. kung maala nyo sir li-ion din baterya ng mga digicam no need to drain diba for long life span ng battery photographers can prove that ^^, sana po nakatulong po info ko po sainyo...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Electric Bikes