New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back in 26th of July 2003 I wrote a small article on diesel powered motorcycles in the Armed Forces (UK & US) {link}. There are lots of good reasons to have a powerful motorcycle that can run diesel for the army, but that equally applies to civilian applications & use.

Obviously, the cost of running a diesel motorcycle would be lower that a normal one, but more important, a civilian version of the Military spec Kawasaki KLR 650-M1030M1 would be great for all those adventurer riders, passing through countries were unleaded fuel is unheard off, and were you'd be lucky to have diesel fuel available.

What better motorcycle would there be if you could have one that is a proven battle horse (no pun intended) like the Kawasaki KLR 650 AND runs diesel (and JP5 aviation fuel).... Well this might all become reality shortly thanks to F1 Engineering.

This engineering company produces the above diesel powered KLR motorcycle, and is looking to see if there's a market for a civilian one. It would seem that they are getting ready to produce one.

So if you're interested in a diesel powered motorcycle, visit F1 Engineering's web site.

http://blogs.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    interesting...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ok yan a. kasi awhile ago i was just wondering why in the modern technology, they still hadn't mass produced a diesel powered bike.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Royal Enfield makes two models of diesel motorcycles. They have done so for years. One of of these diesel models was exhibited in a local motorcycle show in Libis a couple of years ago. These things go a thousand kilometers on a tankful of diesel.

Dnepr-Hatz in the Ukraine put a 1000cc diesel 2 cyclinder diesel in a motorcycle-sidecar combination.

Why aren't more diesels in motorcycles? They're too heavy and they rev too low, not enough horsepower. Because they're heavy, they handle like pigs and they aren't fun to ride.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow!!! I'd like to have one. Tamang-tama gawin pamasyal sa bundok at pambisita sa nyogan!!! Meron na ba sa pinas nyan???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I haven't seen one yet but look, it can be a solution to a rising price of fuels. Imagine, a thousand or more km per tankfull.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may kakilala kami dito sa kalookan na nagbebenta ng diesel powered motorcycle.
    i just don't know the exact specs

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Try this URL:

http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=4191

Displacing 325 CC, the 2001 Royal Enfield Taurus diesel motorcycle develops only 6.5 horsepower with a top speed of 76 kmh. Goes 1,000 kilometers on 14.5 liters of diesel.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    well. the way pictures tells, parang ang bigat bigat nya.

and top speed, 76 kph. sussssssss!!!!

pero definitely matipid sya.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow eto ang pinaka cheapest way para maging part ng dieselorg.hehehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
DIESEL motorcycle, anyone???