New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    tooto na ipagbabawal na yung mga 2 stroke sa daan specially sa tricycle sa 2010 or 2011.. they cant register it unless they convert it to LPG? is it true mga boss? tnx..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung totoo man maiiwasan na iyong mauusok na tricycle. Dahilan din kaya mausok iyong ibang tricycle kapag babain na makina dinadagdagan nila ng 2t sa mixture ng gasolina para tumagal pa makina kaya lang mausok.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They have to be converted to four-stroke, last I heard.

I'd like to see them try to fit an LPG tank on a regular motorcycle without a sidecar... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They have to be converted to four-stroke, last I heard.

I'd like to see them try to fit an LPG tank on a regular motorcycle without a sidecar... :hysterical:
    Scooter with LPG kit:

Close up of another LPG kit:

sa Ubones pwede yan.. pano sa mga DT,sportbikes...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Malabong mangyari yan. Binalak din nila nuong i-phase out ang below 1990 model na mga automobiles pero binatikos. Anyway, let us have a comparison between the 2-stroke & 4-stroke engines . . .

2-stroke engine

Advantages of 2 Stroke Engines:
    - Two-stroke engines do not have valves, simplifying their construction.
    - Two-stroke engines fire once every revolution (four-stroke engines fire once every other revolution). This gives two-stroke engines a significant power boost.
    - Two-stroke engines are lighter, and cost less to manufacture.
    - Two-stroke engines have the potential for about twice the power in the same size because there are twice as many power strokes per revolution.
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Disadvantages of 2 Stroke Engines:[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    - Two-stroke engines don't live as long as four-stroke engines. The lack of a dedicated lubrication system means that the parts of a two-stroke engine wear-out faster. Two-stroke engines require a mix of oil in with the gas to lubricate the crankshaft, connecting rod and cylinder walls.
    - Two-stroke oil can be expensive. Mixing ratio is about 4 ounces per gallon of gas: burning about a gallon of oil every 1,000 miles.
    - Two-stroke engines do not use fuel efficiently, yielding fewer miles per gallon.
    - Two-stroke engines produce more pollution.
    -- The combustion of the oil in the gas. The oil makes all two-stroke engines smoky to some extent, and a badly worn two-stroke engine can emit more oily smoke.
    -- Each time a new mix of air/fuel is loaded into the combustion chamber, part of it leaks out through the exhaust port.

4-stroke engine

The lubrication issue of 2 stroke engines on having the oil mixed with the fuel is not a direct result of the engine being a 2 stroke, this is just a result of someone designing a very simple engine. This is as clean burning as any 4 stroke (provided that the 2-stroke engine is in good condition).

At the end of the day the winner is probably going to be the one that has had more money and technology spent on it. In these days of quick and cheap international production schedules you can't take it for granted that the 4 stroke will be better.

But then again, phasing out of the 2-stroke engines will be much tougher than anyone can imagine.
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; August 27th, 2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: tao lang po

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    High time that two-strokes be limited only to track or recreational use. I have a 2-stroke scooter that I'm willing to replace with an electric one. Just waiting for the word.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'd rather fit 2-stroke engines with EFI than convert them to take in LPG. LPG on carburettor plus 2T makes no difference in my opinion. Or they can also go the expensive way by phasing out 2-stroke tricycles with 4-stroke counterparts.

2-stroke Direct Injection:
    http://www.envirofit.org/?q=our-prod...troke-retrofit

I highlighted tricycles since they consist the most poorly-tuned 2-stroke engines on our roads. It's just unfair to outlaw other riders like enthusiasts who tune and maintain their MCs well.

And why not just implement existing law? LTO makes emissions testing a joke, and they should fix that before anything else. Knock knock on smoking diesels too.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys,

Share ko lang...

The first video is old ... developing the technology pa lang.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c718LmtY0h0"]YouTube - Hydrogen Enhanced Honda Dio Resurrected! Philippines[/ame]

The second video naman... developed technology na.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk7mGSrmBwE"]YouTube - ZERO Emission Success! Motorbike with Hydroplus[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Scooter with LPG kit:

Close up of another LPG kit:
    GH, how much is that LPG regulator only?... is it solenoid activated?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2 stroke motorcycle on 2010/2011