New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It depends really on the situation. If traction is limited, you really can't use the bike's full range of power on all parts of the circuit.

And if the guy is short-shifting, he's probably anticipating braking for the next corner.

Even on cars, if you have rear wheel drive and more power than tires, you're not always redlining the engine on the track... you're driving up to the edge of traction and not trying to go over, so as not to unbalance the car. You go over and you have those glorious, time-wasting powerslides Clarkson is so fond of... but that's the slow way around.

In a bike, you don't powerslide... you go off... and that really, really hurts.

Clarkson is full of it, but that's on purpose. He's an entertainer, whose primary job is to entertain. Journalistic integrity comes merely second. Still love reading his editorials, though. ;)
    Last edited by niky; May 26th, 2007 at 12:48 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    Tiff in my opinion is a much better driver (former racer) than that fat a$$ Jeremy Clarkson, most of the time you want to kick his a$$, sometimes you'll like him.
    i agree

and yes you can powerslide a bike w/out crashing...only if you have the skills

i think the reason why jeremy clarkson hates bikes.. coz he's too fat to ride one

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz View Post
    i agree

and yes you can powerslide a bike w/out crashing...only if you have the skills
    Amen to that. seen it but i still cant believe it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

here is an example of powersliding a bike as one forumer just posted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huKVVNU4V3s

enjoy

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    Tiff in my opinion is a much better driver (former racer) than that fat a$$ Jeremy Clarkson, most of the time you want to kick his a$$, sometimes you'll like him.
    i know what you mean dude! he's such a showoff!

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It depends really on the situation. If traction is limited, you really can't use the bike's full range of power on all parts of the circuit.

And if the guy is short-shifting, he's probably anticipating braking for the next corner.

Even on cars, if you have rear wheel drive and more power than tires, you're not always redlining the engine on the track... you're driving up to the edge of traction and not trying to go over, so as not to unbalance the car. You go over and you have those glorious, time-wasting powerslides Clarkson is so fond of... but that's the slow way around.

Clarkson is full of it, but that's on purpose. He's an entertainer, whose primary job is to entertain. Journalistic integrity comes merely second. Still love reading his editorials, though. ;)
    actually bro you dont need to redline, i just noticed in the video that the rpm is too low for racing. at that rpm, it looks like the rider is just cruising!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayz View Post
    here is an example of powersliding a bike as one forumer just posted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huKVVNU4V3s

enjoy
    Can this be done with road or street tires on the bike? Always wondered.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    actually bro you dont need to redline, i just noticed in the video that the rpm is too low for racing. at that rpm, it looks like the rider is just cruising!
    Depende talaga. If you watch F1 races or superbike races, they don't always max out their engines, either... and that's with the grip afforded by R-compound tires.

Driving a sports bike on street tires is like driving an F1 car on road-going radials... you have to have good throttle control and watch your speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Can this be done with road or street tires on the bike? Always wondered.
    yes it can be done.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, kaya yan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
07 Civic Type R vs. CBR 1000RR