New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    yeah. kakahiya alalahanin. nung may biglang ilaw ng flashlight na, I knew I was f***ed (no pun intended)
    I did this quite a few times also, nahuli rin ako & since then, never attempted anymore. It was embarrasing but more embarrasing for the girl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Blanking the EGR in 2015.

A few months ago, I made the decision to remove the blanks in my Innova 2.5 D4D and restore the EGR functionality. Power delivery immediately became smoother with the EGR valve working as it should.

Back when the EGR was blanked, power transition was rough and edgy... for lack of a better word. It gave the perception that the engine is more responsive. I attribute that likely to a more potent fuel/air mixture.

But there's also the guilt associated with giving off excessive NOx emissions. Mistakes were made but that's in the past. Though, I would have to suck it up (no pun intended) to have the whole intake de-carbonized in a few years. Hopefully, I would've sold the car before then.
    There is an EGR/DPF decarbonizer made in Germany. Brand name is Voltronic D12. Its a fuel additive. I bought it in Lazada. Mahal kasi magpa decarbonize. They hook up the car to a machine & inject chems in. Figured the D12 would do the same.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I did this quite a few times also, nahuli rin ako & since then, never attempted anymore. It was embarrasing but more embarrasing for the girl.

Hahaha ako din! Only time I got caught was waaaaay back when MOA was still being constructed. So not much vehicles on that area yet. Thing is we were still just making out, not yet the seed actually. Had to shell out P5k which was I think big at that time. Most expensive make out I ever had haha.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    There is an EGR/DPF decarbonizer made in Germany. Brand name is Voltronic D12. Its a fuel additive. I bought it in Lazada. Mahal kasi magpa decarbonize. They hook up the car to a machine & inject chems in. Figured the D12 would do the same.
    If it's a fuel additive, I don't see how it can decarbonize the intake parts.

Diesels are direct injection. The fuel gets squirted directly inside the combustion chamber. Diesel fuel will not even clean the intake valves, much less the intake manifold and EGR.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234