New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Our lancer cedia was the victim of my early days of owning a car.

1. I remember putting on body kits which I eventually removed since it kept falling apart pag sumayad.

2. Upsizing the wheels also pretty much destroyed the suspension and wheel bearings.

3. Buying useless accessories at auto and hardware stores, pinalitan ko pa yung shifter ng MOMO na fake.

4. I even did a fabrication of fiberglass headlight cover para mag mukhang evo... The cringe man...

5. Doing "naughty" things with my now ex girlfriend and got caught by the police.
    Saan nangyari iyang 5 bro?

Kung sa QC iyan,- since a few years ago IIRC,- bawal nilang pakialaman ang ginagawa mo sa loob ng sasakyan....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    5. Doing "naughty" things with my now ex girlfriend and got caught by the police.
    I wanted to share how I used to "get away" with this... kaso I'm early 40's now with an only daughter.

Mahirap na...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Saan nangyari iyang 5 bro?

Kung sa QC iyan,- since a few years ago IIRC,- bawal nilang pakialaman ang ginagawa mo sa loob ng sasakyan....
    Mindanao kami. Happened in the mid 2000's. Tinakot pa kami na ibabalita sa ABS CBN hahaha

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Our very first family car this was in the 80's - Ford Cortina, we had it body repaired. after 3 years, same issues became worse

Lesson learned - if the body repair is done outside the casa, post a for sale sign asap.

My second car - during the late 90's, second hand Lancer. I wanted to make it fast... after all the mods. car had issues when idling with A/C on. tapos sobrang lakas sa Gas (especially for a college student like me). We decided to sell the car as-is after 6 months.

Lesson learned - keep the car stock as modifications will lower the car's value.

Third car - last car my parents gave me. using a car cover. - it damaged my car's paint!

Lesson learned - covered parking!
    Just to add - first 3 cars (college had this tint)

Super Black Tint!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Just to add - first 3 cars (college had this tint)

Super Black Tint!
    Ahhh all my previous & current car have super black tint. Well still does it's "job" hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Blanking the EGR in 2015.

A few months ago, I made the decision to remove the blanks in my Innova 2.5 D4D and restore the EGR functionality. Power delivery immediately became smoother with the EGR valve working as it should.

Back when the EGR was blanked, power transition was rough and edgy... for lack of a better word. It gave the perception that the engine is more responsive. I attribute that likely to a more potent fuel/air mixture.

But there's also the guilt associated with giving off excessive NOx emissions. Mistakes were made but that's in the past. Though, I would have to suck it up (no pun intended) to have the whole intake de-carbonized in a few years. Hopefully, I would've sold the car before then.
    EGR function during idle.. it will close immediately when the accelerator is pressed. better use petron turbo diesel or shell v power diesel.. less smoky less carbon in the intake

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Ahhh all my previous & current car have super black tint. Well still does it's "job" hehe.
    light to medium tint na ako... sayang shades kung super black yun lang talaga reason... shades, wala nang iba

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wanted to share how I used to "get away" with this... kaso I'm early 40's now with an only daughter.

Mahirap na...
    My friend told me street side parking at night when it's raining hard.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My friend told me street side parking at night when it's raining hard.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    hahaha...

rain or shine. kahit sa loob pa ng university/mall parking

pero bagong buhay na ako.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    EGR function during idle.. it will close immediately when the accelerator is pressed. better use petron turbo diesel or shell v power diesel.. less smoky less carbon in the intake
    It's a lot more involved than that. There's also pumping losses as the butterfly valve closes when it needs to pull inert gases from the EGR. But since the EGR was blocked off, the engine gets starved with air+inert gases. I can feel this as there are areas in the powerband where the engine struggles a bit before eventually picking up.
    Last edited by oj88; September 27th, 2021 at 05:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast