New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    circa 2006. i had a civic 2.0S Fd then.

kabit cusco strut brace at short ram intake. pam pa pogi ng engine bay. first time i had a brace and short ram on any car. after a week pinatanggal na agad. hehe expensive lesson. na realize ko sobrang ingay nung short ram lalo na at higher rpms. and the strut bar transmits every single road irregularity through the steering wheel. imbes na relaxing drive tiis pogi. e hindi naman ako na ngangarera o nag track on any regular basis.
    OT.
    might i inquire,
    do those strut braces frequently seen under the bonnet of fans' cars, actually work?
    is there a palpable effect on car driving?
    baka kasi, all it does is to hinder air filter replacement, and offer sabitan ng emergency light when kutingtinging at the engine.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2021 at 05:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    OT.
    might i inquire,
    do those strut braces frequently seen under the bonnet of fans' cars, actually work?
    is there a palpable effect on car driving?
    baka kasi, all it does is to hinder air filter replacement, and offer sabitan ng emergency light when kutingtinging at the engine.
    well in my case one thing i can certainly say is that it works. it definitely stiffened up the steering feel also you can feel na lessen yun flex sa front ng car especially when turning. kaso nga lang the way that i know it works is naging "malikot" yung steering together with transmitting more road noise and vibrations inside the cabin which i could not tolerate.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    kung placebo lang iyon i would be more than happy to have left it as it was a pretty looking thing. kaso nga lang masyado na compromise yung comfort to my liking.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    For my car, the strut bars improve cornering handling & control. It controls the lean of the car in curves & corners. Not that I fling the car into corners every chance I get. I’ve outgrown that phase. Since I frequently use the SLEX & STAR, I can’t really slow down in the curves of the off ramp. This is the main reason I use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Years ago,- "car lowering"....

I had to drive diagonally on every street hump I pass....

The street humps in Pilar Village LPC for example were my car's GFs,- they got smooched every time,- no matter how oh so gentle, slow and sweet I took them... Sideways, over,- and under..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes lowered car

puro gasgas ilalam

pati crankcase may dent (bato sa gitna ng kalye too late umiwas)

buti di nabutas

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Our very first family car this was in the 80's - Ford Cortina, we had it body repaired. after 3 years, same issues became worse

Lesson learned - if the body repair is done outside the casa, post a for sale sign asap.

My second car - during the late 90's, second hand Lancer. I wanted to make it fast... after all the mods. car had issues when idling with A/C on. tapos sobrang lakas sa Gas (especially for a college student like me). We decided to sell the car as-is after 6 months.

Lesson learned - keep the car stock as modifications will lower the car's value.

Third car - last car my parents gave me. using a car cover. - it damaged my car's paint!

Lesson learned - covered parking!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Blanking the EGR in 2015.

A few months ago, I made the decision to remove the blanks in my Innova 2.5 D4D and restore the EGR functionality. Power delivery immediately became smoother with the EGR valve working as it should.

Back when the EGR was blanked, power transition was rough and edgy... for lack of a better word. It gave the perception that the engine is more responsive. I attribute that likely to a more potent fuel/air mixture.

But there's also the guilt associated with giving off excessive NOx emissions. Mistakes were made but that's in the past. Though, I would have to suck it up (no pun intended) to have the whole intake de-carbonized in a few years. Hopefully, I would've sold the car before then.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it wasn't my fault, really.
    but as i agreed to it by not specifically dictating what i wanted done... mea culpa na rin.

my sentra's serpentine evaporator sprung a leak.
    i asked my man to bring it to the aircon shop. "here's the money. alam ko, mahal yan."
    when he came back, "doc, heto ang sukli."
    the moment i counted the sukli, i immediately got shivers down my spine.
    true enough.
    hilaw ang lamig ng aircon.
    after a week, ako na ang nagdala. "boss, tanggalin nyo yang ordinary evaporator, at oem serpentine ang lagay nyo."
    after that, fresh-factory spec na naman ang aircon lamig.
    i was poorer by several thousing bucks.
    highs.

in another car,
    we airconed our air-cooled VW!
    what we did not know, was that our alternators were 'just adequate' for stock.
    we ended up by push-starting our VWs every week, if we did not recharge our batteries regularly.
    we should have upgraded our alternators... but the upgade would have cost 5+ K, a hefty amount back in the 80s and 90s.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 27th, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I surmise that getting caught by the Police is the regrettable part[emoji2958]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yeah. kakahiya alalahanin. nung may biglang ilaw ng flashlight na, I knew I was f***ed (no pun intended)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast