New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    We all like to personalize our rides (including big bikes). But sometimes we overdo things. We buy stuff or do things that we think will look good but regret soon after.
    I personally don’t spend a lot on accessorizing but I do have bought & done things that classify as “stupid”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well,
    i regretted selling my car!
    there was really nothing wrong with it.
    it was just occupying garage space.
    sigh.
    the consuelo is, i sold it to a friend at a literal near-give-away price.

i suppose, many of us are in the same boat,
    selling a perfectly good car because it is older and/or occupying valuable real estate.
    cars deteriorate if not used regularly.

what did i regret doing to my car?
    my first car was an ex-taxi.
    i purchased it, then spent a mint making it decent.
    my moral of the story: do not buy ex-taxis; and if you accidentally do, sell it pronto! even at a loss.
    the good side is, i learned a whole lot about cars, whilst fixing up that ex-taxi.
    i would not recommend the experience to anyone, however.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2021 at 02:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Our lancer cedia was the victim of my early days of owning a car.

1. I remember putting on body kits which I eventually removed since it kept falling apart pag sumayad.

2. Upsizing the wheels also pretty much destroyed the suspension and wheel bearings.

3. Buying useless accessories at auto and hardware stores, pinalitan ko pa yung shifter ng MOMO na fake.

4. I even did a fabrication of fiberglass headlight cover para mag mukhang evo... The cringe man...

5. Doing "naughty" things with my now ex girlfriend and got caught by the police.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Our lancer cedia was the victim of my early days of owning a car.

1. I remember putting on body kits which I eventually removed since it kept falling apart pag sumayad.

2. Upsizing the wheels also pretty much destroyed the suspension and wheel bearings.

3. Buying useless accessories at auto and hardware stores, pinalitan ko pa yung shifter ng MOMO na fake.

4. I even did a fabrication of fiberglass headlight cover para mag mukhang evo... The cringe man...

5. Doing "naughty" things with my now ex girlfriend and got caught by the police.
    I surmise that getting caught by the Police is the regrettable partWhat are the Things You Regretted Doing to your Car?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i was a new owner of an old car.
    the tires were balding.
    dad had a set of older but barely-used non-radial tires with inner tubes, just lying around in the garage, for a car that had earlier been sold.
    kasya naman sa rims, so we did the swap.
    it did not occur to me, that the new tires had a much larger circumference.
    the resulting car looked and rode significantly higher, and it drove the odometer and speedometer way off.
    bumili na lang kami ng bagong radials...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2021 at 02:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I was duped by my elder brother into buying this electric rust inhibitor. He is older & expectedly wiser so I believed him. I put it into this box type Lancer I just had repaired & hoped it’ll help keep the rust off. Turns out, he really is the smarter one.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I was duped by my elder brother into buying this electric rust inhibitor. He is older & expectedly wiser so I believed him. I put it into this box type Lancer I just had repaired & hoped it’ll help keep the rust off. Turns out, he really is the smarter one.

we tried that. built it ourselves, from plans published in popular electronics magazine or something.
    hey! it worked! the surrounding bare metal an inch away from the electrical connection to the body, did not rust. beyond that, however, there was rust.

back in the 80s, electronic ignition boxes were a'plenty in evangellista. easy to install.
    we purchased a couple, and installed it in our traditional electromechanical ignition cars.
    hey! it worked! improved performance was palpable.
    but one day, the car engine died on the road.
    upon examination, the contact points were found to be dirty.
    apparently, the ignitor was designed to send low voltage to the contact point, which would have resulted in less wear, which was one of the claimed advantages of the gadget.
    unfortunately, the side effect was, dirt built up because it was not being burned away by high voltage.
    we removed the ignitor and restored the ignition back to factory...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2021 at 02:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we tried that. built it ourselves, from plans published in popular electronics magazine or something.
    hey! it worked! the surrounding bare metal an inch away from the electrical connection to the body, did not rust. beyond that, however, there was rust.

back in the 80s, electronic ignition boxes were a'plenty in evangellista. easy to install.
    we purchased a couple, and installed it in our traditional electromechanical ignition cars.
    hey! it worked! improved performance was palpable.
    but one day, the car engine died.
    upon examination, the contact points were found to be dirty.
    apparently, the ignitor was sending low voltage to the contact point, which would have resulted in less wear, which was one of the claimed advantages of the gadget.
    unfortunately, the side effect was, dirt built up because it was not being burned away by high voltage.
    we removed the ignitor...
    The opposite happened to me. Upon the influence of my racer froends, I changed the stock ignition coil to the Bosch heavy duty coil, the red one on my Lancer that still had contact points, not yet modified to be electronic ignition. Binili ko pa ng high tension electric blue colored cables. Ang ganda! Worked great for a couple of hundred kms then the tuning gets screwed up. Mech would file down the contact points then tune it up & after another couple hundreds, palyado na naman. Yun pala, the coil melts the contact points & I should replace the contact point & distributor with electronic ignition type.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Same here! Stupid kits. Sabit ng sabit. Sira bumper alignments.

So far yan pa lang, dame ko plans puros drawing. Wala tuloy ako maidagdag na regrets. What are the Things You Regretted Doing to your Car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    circa 2006. i had a civic 2.0S Fd then.

kabit cusco strut brace at short ram intake. pam pa pogi ng engine bay. first time i had a brace and short ram on any car. after a week pinatanggal na agad. hehe expensive lesson. na realize ko sobrang ingay nung short ram lalo na at higher rpms. and the strut bar transmits every single road irregularity through the steering wheel. imbes na relaxing drive tiis pogi. e hindi naman ako na ngangarera o nag track on any regular basis.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast