New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,299
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Siento bente. Tunog siento bilis bente. Pinakamarami akong nakakasabay nito sa may Marcos Hiway pag gabi.
    oo, grabe talaga yang si Marcos, puro ingay lang. HAHAHA

    nope, not guilty at all. I pride mysef in keeping my ride as stock as possible.

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,220
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Ha ha ha! Ano ba ang inspiration niyan? Saan siya nag originate? Useless Car ModificationsUseless Car Modifications
    Bossing, it is called a “drift charm” and it is popular in Japan. Pero funny yan kung lagay-lagay ka nyan on a FWD vehicle at wala din alam sa drifting yung driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,220
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Siento bente. Tunog siento bilis bente. Pinakamarami akong nakakasabay nito sa may Marcos Hiway pag gabi.
    Dami ganyan kahit saan. Dito pa lang sa kapitbahay ko eh. Tinanong ko nga kung gaano kabilis yan. Sinagot ako na takot sya mabilis magmaneho. Wahahaha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,637
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Add tilting plate mounts. What other function do these have save for making the plates harder to read?
    IIRC those are supposed to be spring loaded, so that at higher speeds the plate is tilted allowing more air to flow into your radiator or intercooler. At lower speed the spring returns the plate to vertical/90°.

    I suppose making the plate harder to read, especially by a high-mounted speed camera when you're driving fast is also intentional, then in town hindi ka masita because it returns to a normal orientation.

    Problem is the local fakers who copied it forgot the springs, so it's just tilted all the time.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,113
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    IIRC those are supposed to be spring loaded, so that at higher speeds the plate is tilted allowing more air to flow into your radiator or intercooler. At lower speed the spring returns the plate to vertical/90°.

    I suppose making the plate harder to read, especially by a high-mounted speed camera when you're driving fast is also intentional, then in town hindi ka masita because it returns to a normal orientation.

    Problem is the local fakers who copied it forgot the springs, so it's just tilted all the time.
    I've yet to see spring loaded ones locally. So far, all are tilted down in traffic hehe. And for most of these cars, I doubt any significant aero/airflow benefits are gained. I think mostly for porma/iwas huli lang talaga.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,224
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    IIRC those are supposed to be spring loaded, so that at higher speeds the plate is tilted allowing more air to flow into your radiator or intercooler. At lower speed the spring returns the plate to vertical/90°.

    I suppose making the plate harder to read, especially by a high-mounted speed camera when you're driving fast is also intentional, then in town hindi ka masita because it returns to a normal orientation.

    Problem is the local fakers who copied it forgot the springs, so it's just tilted all the time.

    ooh. ngayon ko lang nalaman dapat pala may spring yung original.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    39,136
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bossing, it is called a “drift charm” and it is popular in Japan. Pero funny yan kung lagay-lagay ka nyan on a FWD vehicle at wala din alam sa drifting yung driver.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha ha ha! Sabi ko na nga ba Hapon iyan e...

    Pero I don't remember seeing one in Initial D....

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    474
    #18
    fake disc brake caliper cover, lalo na yung pula brembo, haha sino niloko ninyo sa pagpapapangap na naka brembo



    brembo1.jpg

    brembo2.jpgbrembo2.jpg
    Last edited by jresperanza; January 20th, 2022 at 12:37 PM.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    190
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Attachment 40472

    As featured in autodeal.com, here they are:

    1. Dark-tinted lights
    2. Flashing brake lights
    3. Fake vents and scoops
    4. "Tuning chips"
    5. "Turbo" whistle

    Guilty or not guilty?

    How do you plead?
    may nakasabay ako sa Alabang Westgate na blue na Hyundai Elantra yung diesel engine tapos kumpleto sya from 1 to 5 may dagdag pa na gigantic rear wing tapos lug nuts na pointed na kulay metallic pink. Hayup yung tunog ng exhaust e parang may 10 blowoff valve dahil sa whistle nya.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,224
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    fake disc brake caliper cover, lalo na yung pula brembo, haha sino niloko ninyo sa pagpapapangap na naka brembo



    brembo1.jpg

    brembo2.jpgbrembo2.jpg
    haha naalala ko tito ko. naka ganyan with matching sipol muffler! pero to think naka 2001 na bmw z3 3.0 siya. hardly the first car you would think that needs those.

    baka senior thing nya iyon. hehe. to his credit pinalitan na niya ng super sprint yung tambutso pero the fake red caliper cover remains! hehe

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Useless Car Modifications