New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    We've been using Petron xtra unleaded Ron 93 on our city 2009 AT since 2009. Just this April xtra changed from 93 to 91. Then just this June I've tried it at skyway, hirap umakyat sa 5th gear. I tried sports mode sa sctex and it stayed at 110kph at 5th gear. Sinagad ko apak sa gas and it still 110kph. Then sa mga maliliit na uphill sa subic nahihirapan and acceleration, I'm expecting Pag nasa D eh automatic down gear, hindi sya nagdodown gear, ako pa nagshift sa S mode so I can down gear.

May sumubok gumamit into at sabi mali daw timing.

Ano ba gagawin ng Honda to fix the timing? Bala pedeng ako na lang gumawa?
    Last edited by BratPAQ; June 29th, 2013 at 06:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A 2009 City doesn't have an adjustable distributor cap.

To have the timing corrected, try disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU. If that doesn't work, drain tank, refill with 95. Let the ECU re-learn the timing.

The ECU will adjust the timing if the fuel load changes. If the City is not rated for 91 RON, then it won't adjust properly, or pull the timing back (pull - retard... timing advance is lessened... car becomes less sensitive to low octane but loses power) so badly that the car feels weak.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    I really dont know what is the reason behind reducing you RON from 93 to 91 but I suspect that you want to economize a bit due to rising fuel cost. Same what I'm doing but instead of reducing RON I have increased it from 95 to 97 at two pesos less than the big three's prices. Yes, I'm using Seaoils extreme which is a lot less but the pulling power is enormous. Try it.

But in case you don't want to change brands then baguhin mo na Lang timing me. Normally advance timing yan from 5 to 10 degrees advance for higher RON of 93 to 95. Try reducing it to 0 to 3 degrees advance at pakiramdaman mo performance. Kung may timing light ka you can do it yourself for old school cars that you can simply adjust the distributor. For ECU cars, you will need an advance equipment and the knowledge to operate it.

Cheers,
    Bob

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Sir, Petron's Xtra Unleaded was downgraded to 91 RON, kaya no choice si TS kundi gamitin yung 91 as the lowest octane at the same price.

I tried using Xtreme too, almost same power with Nitro+ Racing and Blaze at 2-3php less. My only gripe with it is the efficiency and engine noise. With racing and blaze I can get 7.5Km/L. With xtreme I only registered 6.8Km/L. But I guess it was all compensated by the price.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    I really dont know what is the reason behind reducing you RON from 93 to 91 but I suspect that you want to economize a bit due to rising fuel cost. Same what I'm doing but instead of reducing RON I have increased it from 95 to 97 at two pesos less than the big three's prices. Yes, I'm using Seaoils extreme which is a lot less but the pulling power is enormous. Try it.

But in case you don't want to change brands then baguhin mo na Lang timing me. Normally advance timing yan from 5 to 10 degrees advance for higher RON of 93 to 95. Try reducing it to 0 to 3 degrees advance at pakiramdaman mo performance. Kung may timing light ka you can do it yourself for old school cars that you can simply adjust the distributor. For ECU cars, you will need an advance equipment and the knowledge to operate it.

Cheers,
    Bob
    As I said... the 2009 City has no distributor cap. You either need factory reflash equipment (costly) or a piggyback controller like the Unichip.

But to buy a 30k Unichip just to adjust to poor gasoline is a waste. Much better to simply switch brands and find a fuel that makes your car happy.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    We've been using Petron xtra unleaded Ron 93 on our city 2009 AT since 2009. Just this April xtra changed from 93 to 91. Then just this June I've tried it at skyway, hirap umakyat sa 5th gear. I tried sports mode sa sctex and it stayed at 110kph at 5th gear. Sinagad ko apak sa gas and it still 110kph. Then sa mga maliliit na uphill sa subic nahihirapan and acceleration, I'm expecting Pag nasa D eh automatic down gear, hindi sya nagdodown gear, ako pa nagshift sa S mode so I can down gear.

May sumubok gumamit into at sabi mali daw timing.

Ano ba gagawin ng Honda to fix the timing? Bala pedeng ako na lang gumawa?
    hmmmm. why not just use XCS?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    fuel kaya talaga problema or maybe throttle body and maf sensor needs cleaning?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    fuel kaya talaga problema or maybe throttle body and maf sensor needs cleaning?
    he he malamang...imposible namang ganon kalaki ang hinina ng makina kung sa gasolina lang...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    he he malamang...imposible namang ganon kalaki ang hinina ng makina kung sa gasolina lang...
    If the engine is not programmed for that RON rating, it's entirely possible.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nakakasira ba ng timing yung pagbabago ng Ron?