New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    After having my Altis carwashed and waxed we noticed a white mark appear just above the rear right fender near the trunk. It appeared during the buffing stage.

Here's what it looks like:

I'm not sure if you would see it clearly. Any guess what this could be? I've had my car washed and waxed from the same carwash 3 times already and this our trusted carwash where we've been going to for years with our other cars with no issue. The carwash person said it is most probably a "below surface defect" which the car may have gotten when it was painted in the plant. I tried to search online and checked for common paint defects like "paint dust" or "solvent pop" but I really can't pinpoint it. The guys at the carwash recommended just a minor touchup with red paint but they told me to try and check with the casa first if they'll honor this under warranty.

What do you guys think? Do you think this will be covered by Toyota's warranty, if ever this was really a defect during their production? Any other tips?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, as advised. go to the casa first and talk to them. if they don't honor, then do a touch up.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did they buff with a machine and what did they use?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hard to tell but at face value, it looks like paint burn from a rotary buffer.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I know a member who was able to claim warranty on paint. It's in the 11th gen thread but it's too tedious to back read. You should go to the casa first. Just make sure you go to a competent casa, otherwise your car's paint could end up worse.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Thanks sa feedback guys.

Nagpasched na ko sa casa. Sa Toyota Calamba ako papatingin and mukhang okay naman dun.

If ever di covered ng warranty paayos ko na lang sa labas me talyer na nagquote sakin ng PHP1500 kaso takot ako baka di makuha ung kulay and last resort ko na to. Wala na naman ako choice if ever, unless may iba pa kayo suggestions like DIYs. Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Hard to tell but at face value, it looks like paint burn from a rotary buffer.
    Same thoughts here.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Possible that is was caused by the employee doing the washing or waxing ... most employees would never admit their mistake ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Possible that is was caused by the employee doing the washing or waxing ... most employees would never admit their mistake ...
    Yeah, I guess maybe it was the employees fault. Will try to haggle with the carwash with this.