New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi newbie here! I just want to ask you guys if you know any place where I can dress up a little my car. It’s a Toyota Vios G 2nd generation. I don’t know any shops kasi na mura ung body kits and parts saka first time ko rin magpadress up if ever. Another thing is natatakot din ako ipagalaw ung auto ko kasi nga mayron daw mga manloloko.

So here’s my plan, gusto ko sana palitan ung headlamps saka fog lamps (HID or white ano ba masmaganda? Sabi kasi sakin malakas sa battery ung HID.)

Naghahanap din ako magandang visors (rain guards ba tawag dun?) kasi ung stock sa Toyota medyo hindi ko type kasi parang nagkakaroon ng taynga ung kotse haha. Advisable din ba palagyang ung likod ng visor??

Saka Chrome platings din. When I checked Concorde, ung rear head lamps palang daw mayron sila. I wonder baka may alam kau ung kumpletong set and affordable din.

Mags?? I’m planning 18 inches kaso d ko alam kung san bilihan murang mags.
    Spoiler rin sana. Ok na sana ung stock spoiler kaso medyo mahal 7k!?.
    Muffler Cutter.

Last but not the least, neon. Ung Vios ng pinsan ko may neon… d ko alam kng san nya pinalagay.

So guys I need your expert opinions. If you guys have anymore suggestions na maganda ipalagay o ipadagdag sa mod ng Vios ko, please please please tell me. If I have any error on my post.. sorry I'm not very familiar yet with these stuffs. :D :D Tnx!

Sorry If I posted this in the wrong thread. Can’t seem to find the right place for this.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]Hello and welcome to tsikot sir!

About the headlamps: HiD is my choice as long as it is 4300k in the headlamps and 3000k in the foglamps

About the mags: I suggest that 16"s or 17"s would just be perfect. But 18"s? I don't think so. . Anyways, the place? Go to blummentritt ( I bought my mags there and have it fitted here in our place ) or other options are Banawe or West Ave.

About the visors: Banawe is the best place, I got mine there for just 1k.

Bodykits: Also banawe.......there are lots of options there

Neons: NO! NO! please, don't put neons on your car.

Good LUCK

[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    comments below.
    imho, vios is a cute car. i think overdressing them up is really ricey. much better if you could keep it simple, and just put in the following:

- nice 15" or 16" rims
    - nice audio setup

Quote Originally Posted by janry1 View Post
    Hi newbie here! I just want to ask you guys if you know any place where I can dress up a little my car. It’s a Toyota Vios G 2nd generation. I don’t know any shops kasi na mura ung body kits and parts saka first time ko rin magpadress up if ever. Another thing is natatakot din ako ipagalaw ung auto ko kasi nga mayron daw mga manloloko.

- it seems that you have no issues on the budget. go to atoys for your body kits.

So here’s my plan, gusto ko sana palitan ung headlamps saka fog lamps (HID or white ano ba masmaganda? Sabi kasi sakin malakas sa battery ung HID.)

- HIDs consume less battery than regular xenon headbulbs, but you have to have projector lights to install one.

Naghahanap din ako magandang visors (rain guards ba tawag dun?) kasi ung stock sa Toyota medyo hindi ko type kasi parang nagkakaroon ng taynga ung kotse haha. Advisable din ba palagyang ung likod ng visor??

- it would all depend on you, but my personal opinion, rear visors do not have any use except to serve as a sunshade. rain visors are quite useful, in my opinion.

Saka Chrome platings din. When I checked Concorde, ung rear head lamps palang daw mayron sila. I wonder baka may alam kau ung kumpletong set and affordable din.
    - shops in banawe may have these.

- i am not recommending 18 inchers for a vios... to big, will give you a rough ride, tires are expensive.

Spoiler rin sana. Ok na sana ung stock spoiler kaso medyo mahal 7k!?. - si atoys, sigurado ako meron sya nyan.

Muffler Cutter. - better install an aftermarket JASMA muffler.

Last but not the least, neon. Ung Vios ng pinsan ko may neon… d ko alam kng san nya pinalagay.

- imho, looks ricey for me.

So guys I need your expert opinions. If you guys have anymore suggestions na maganda ipalagay o ipadagdag sa mod ng Vios ko, please please please tell me. If I have any error on my post.. sorry I'm not very familiar yet with these stuffs. :D :D Tnx!

- aftermarket engine? sa dami ng ipapatong mo sa body, baka di kayanin ng stock engine ng vios.

Sorry If I posted this in the wrong thread. Can’t seem to find the right place for this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by janry1 View Post
    As a new car owner, you want to dress it up. But don't over do it. More it definitely not better. Some times just the least number of accessories in the right places does the most impact in changing the look and feel of a car.

HIDs actually consume less power. Typical halogen bulbs use up 55 watts while HIDs are 35 watts. The problem with HIDs is that they are NOT designed to work with halogen headlights. Installing HIDs in them would result in a scattered beam of light which also blinds on-coming traffic.

There are retrofit kits which includes a projector housing that properly focuses the light from HID bulbs onto the road. But these kits are more expensive and not all shops sell them.

When choosing HID bulb color, try to stay within the 3000 to 5000 kelvin range. Beyond 5000K, the light is whiter to bluer which becomes useless when it is raining, because water will just absorb the light.

If you don't like the window visors, just remove them. Rear window visor might be advisable if you often have rear seat passengers to keep the sun off the back of their necks.

BTW, cheap visors will change color and turn into an ugly shade of purple after some months exposed to the sun, just like cheap window tint.

gahhh!! :P ... why waste your money on this? it doesn't add any value to your car and just makes your car look cheap.

18s on a vios is not advisable. It affects the ride quality, handling and fuel consumption in negative ways. 16s are more advisable.

As for a cheap or more affordable place to buy them, you can try Evangalista St in Makati or P. Tuazon in Cubao.

Spoiler rin sana. Ok na sana ung stock spoiler kaso medyo mahal 7k!?.
    You can try asking fiberglass shops for price quotes because they are cheaper than buying it from the casa.

Muffler Cutter.
    ??? scav exhaust? All you'll get is more noise than you want. Keep the muffler on or at least use a proper aftermarket exhaust system.

Last but not the least, neon. Ung Vios ng pinsan ko may
    neon… d ko alam kng san nya pinalagay.
    You are driving a Vios, not a prop from the movie Fast & Furious. Neon underbody lights are "baduy" since the 90s ended. They are also prone to damage. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

So guys I need your expert opinions. If you guys have anymore suggestions na maganda ipalagay o ipadagdag sa mod ng Vios ko, please please please tell me. Tnx!
    Remember, more is not always better.

For more advise, try looking up the Vios Club forum and ask the guys there for their inputs.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hi Janry1!

The vios is a nice little car indeed! Fuel efficient, and with just a few simple modifications, you can really change the whole look of the car.

I also own a Vios Gen2 and Ive done quite a few modifications on it myself, but it still looks clean and simple. Overdoing it will make it look ricey indeed. The key is modifying in the right places, a little touch here and there, but not overly done.

Let me help you a little bit.

HID - HIDs are nice, only drawback is that they are made for projector use. Putting them in halogen housings like the stock vios lamp would just scatter the light, and you wont get proper lighting output, which can potentially be more dangerous to you, and oncoming cars. Unfortunately no projector headlamps exist for the Vios, you only choice is to retrofit projectors into the headlights, I have to warn you though, this can be expensive and run you about 25k-30k for a full conversion complete with HIDs.

I can recommend Wurth Halogen bulbs, its a little prices, in the 3k range for halogens but they are worth every peso, very clear output even through rain.

If you are still hell bent on using HID, make sure that you have the umbrella cap on, so you wont blind on coming traffic

I have to admit im using HID now, and I regret replacing my Wurth Bulbs, good thing I kept the umbrellas on, so im the only one inconvenieced hehehe.

As for Visors, personally I'm really not into them. Aesthetically I think the vios looks better without them. You can find them in Toyota and some Car Accessory shops.

Chrome - honestly I love chrome, but here's the thing.. chrome can be easily abused and if so will make your car look cheap if not used in the right places.

Avoid putting chrome trims on your headlights, tail lamps and cheeklights. The best way to gauge where to put chrome trims is to take a look at high-end cars like a Camry, Accord, and even higher end cars like benz and BMW and study where they have chrome trims on. Usually you would find them on the grill, door handles, sidemirrors, trunk lid, windows etc.. just base it on that and you might even put a little more touch of class to your Vios.

Mag wheels. There are lots of designs to choose from. The size is really up to you and your driving habits. 16s for me are too small for 2nd Gen, but they provide you with a very comfortable ride. You can still achieve this with 17s and filling up with nitro on your tires and using a 45series tire.

Your choice of mags again depend on your taste, you can go for classic designs, or more modern designs. I personally like mags with a polished face, and black trims which is more contemporary nowadays. Mesh Types usually give you a Euro sort of feel, and Spoke types gives a more JDM feel, Chrome is more DUB, and Deepdish, polished rims are more VIP Style. Go with whatever you think looks best on your ride.

Try MCS tires on Pasay road look for Mang Mario, very nice guy... they have a fairly decent amount of mag wheels to choose from. Madali pang kausap si Mang Mar.

Personally I'm using 18s, its a bit impractical coz you really have to be mindful of the road, but it sure gives you happiness every time you look at your car
    Kanya kanya naman yan, so gauge your preferences and make sure you know what you want, porma vs ride quality.

Spoiler - This looks nice also on a vios, you have 2 choices the OEM S type and TRD. The oem spoiler looks nice and sleek, while the TRD one has a more aggressive look. You can check Clifford Bodykits alam ko meron sila parehas nun. I got mine from clifford for 6k with paint and installation na yun.

Muffler cutter dami jan. Try muffler land on Tomas Morato, they have lots to choose from, better than off the rack bolt ons...

Neons - DONT hehehe. Neons are probably only good if you are entering your car in a car show. Neons only attract attention, mostly with MMDA haha, baka hulihin ka pa. And also, medyo Ricey ang dating nyan so AVOID!

Check out my car domain page, you'll see some mods Ive been doing ever since I got the my Vios, just to give you an idea of what you can achieve with your Vios with a few modifications.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3179625

If you need any more help on modifications, I have a blog specially catered to VIOS modifications.
    http://www.viosunderground.com

You may also want to check out Vios Club Philippines
    http://www.viosclubphil.com

The vios is nice car... I love it! Good luck on your modifications!

Hi need help.....