Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    How do you clean your car cover?

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a car cover can threaten the finish of the car.
    It depends on the car cover. If the car cover has no soft cotton lining/backing, only the bare nylon/polyester material, it will scratch the car and stick to any newly painted car under the hot sun. It's only meant for garage use only where there is no wind to move the cover around and no sun.

There are car covers meant for the outdoors having anti-UV, waterproof and heat protection features. It is however more expensive. A car parked outside your house exposed to the sun's damaging UV rays, heat, tree sap and bird poo can do a lot of damage to your car's paint in a relatively short period of time. You'll see oxidizing, fading and hardened watermarks in a few year's time. With a car cover designed for outdoor use, it will protect your car's paint for a very long time.

Of course, there are people who are ignorant of properly putting a car cover on. They just put it on a dirty car, lay the car cover on a dirty road and hope it will protect the finish. It is effectively a large sand paper with grit #30. Lol!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytommy View Post
    mas ok ba car tent kesa sa car cover?
    Definitely, that is if you have space outside of your house. If not, it can obstruct the road, especially this type of foldable tent very common in the Philippines. Saves you the hassle of putting a car cover on. But, it can be more expensive than a car cover.

It will not shade your car completely if the sun is at an angle during 1-3pm. But, it really depends on where you are facing the sun. Bolting it on the road is rather cumbersome if you plan to fold it after use or during storms. However, there are people who complained that the tent is of poor quality. Someone reported that after a few days, the whole structure collapsed on his car! Ouch!

This is my favorite, a foldable car garage. Width is about 2.5-2.8m. You can bolt it on the road permanently. It can withstand storms or just about anything. It fully covers and protects your car. But, I inquired with the supplier in China and it cost about $1200 for 1 pc only. Shipping charges not included. Most require a minimum of 50pcs to get the price of $900. Ang mahal!!

I've searched for a Philippine supplier, but, I don't think there's any in the market. I just hope someone would import this. I would seriously reserve 2 units.

There is also an inflatable car garage. But, it's really used for hail storm protection.

The cheapest quote I got was US$200. The highest quote I got was US$450. No shipping charges included. They can accept 1pc. But, the downside is, you have to use the air blower to keep it inflated 24/7! Facepalm! Lol!

There is also a sail canopy. You just need to find a post to tie it around. I searched it in Lazada, the price for a 5mx3m rectangular canopy is P6200.

During storms, you can simply untie it and fold it away.

But, if you are planning to use a trapal or tolda, the ones commonly seen in construction sites, don't. It will fade and turn to powder in a few months. Lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help po sa car cover