New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 450
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,507
    #371
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    *monty_gtv,
    Ako baliktad naman. Since daily driven car ko, mas exposed sa elements and the usual 2x a week washes, so I need a stronger and more durable product than wax and sealant.

    The whole purpose for me of having a coating done is para di ako mahirapan in cleaning the car haha bonus na ung pagiging glossy nya
    there is no right or wrong, there will always some sort of compromise and it will always come down to our personal preference...

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    #372
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I see Ceramic Coating as a fancy car wax.

    Ever been to a car show tapos tinanong mo sarili mo how they keep the cars shiny... Ceramic Coating

    Sulit ba sya? if you want your car to shine, yes. I think its a waste of $$$ (I personally call it the modern day undercoat, remember in the 90's nung usong uso yung undercoat/rust proofing? at least ito kitang kita mo yung results)

    My car's coating came with a 5 year warranty.

    Having conversations with other car owners, they suggest to have the coating done after a year.

    brand new - masaya ka since brand new yung car
    Year 1 - wow parang bago ulit moment
    Year 2 - too late

    Before you spend our $$$ on the coating.

    1. is it worth it? baka naman repainted na car mo?
    2. do you really need a shiny car for a year or 2?

    For me, having a car repainted/retouched is the worst thing you can do to your car.
    its a new black car. im not really after the car show look, i just want to make sure that the paint remains good - minimize/prevent dulling and swirl marks. Since its black, i feel swirls will be more visible.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,257
    #373
    Ceramic coating is more expensive than the traditional carnauba wax but it is more durable. For those who can't afford it, there are other cheaper paint protection alternatives that will still offer better protection and durability compared to old school car wax. Turtle Wax Seal N Shine, P&S Beadmaker, CarPro Reload are some good examples. These can also be used as a drying aid.

    I'm looking forward to try Turtle Wax latest hybrid paint protection products instead of renewing my car's ceramic coating. So far ok pa naman condition ng paint ng daily car ko, wala pang noticeable swirls at mininal pa mga paint chips. After 3 years I'll probably go for a quality paint correction and coating sa Detail Manila, try out Gtechniq. For now cheap but durable paint protection muna ako

    TURTLE WAX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING (NEW!) : IS IT BETTER THAN SEAL N SHINE ?!? - YouTube

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,544
    #374
    I'm also looking forward to try these new TW products as follow up to my satisfied use of their TW Seal N Shine. Tamang tama next year pa ito darating sa atin, it will be March in Australia.

    Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,029
    #375
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    its a new black car. im not really after the car show look, i just want to make sure that the paint remains good - minimize/prevent dulling and swirl marks. Since its black, i feel swirls will be more visible.
    swirl marks are very think scratches sa clear coat ng car.



    ^saw this video before I decided to go to Sta. Rosa for my car...

    From my past experience... Polishing/buffing the car is enough to remove the swirl marks... "parang bago" shine

    ceramic coat will maintain the shine.

    You can wax your car everyday... Pero after a heavy rain and car wash, mababawasan yung wax and lalabas ulit yung swirl mark

  6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    #376
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    swirl marks are very think scratches sa clear coat ng car.



    ^saw this video before I decided to go to Sta. Rosa for my car...

    From my past experience... Polishing/buffing the car is enough to remove the swirl marks... "parang bago" shine

    ceramic coat will maintain the shine.

    You can wax your car everyday... Pero after a heavy rain and car wash, mababawasan yung wax and lalabas ulit yung swirl mark
    Sta Rosa is a bit too far for me. Especially if you factor the carmageddon on slex on my way back.

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,257
    #377
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Sta Rosa is a bit too far for me. Especially if you factor the carmageddon on slex on my way back.
    Check out Detail Manila if Gtechniq ceramic coating is your preferred brand

    Detail Manila - Home | Facebook

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    59
    #378
    Have anyone heard of glass coating which they are claiming are different and better than ceramic coating.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,972
    #379
    Glass better than ceramic coating? Saan mo nabasa un?

    General category ang coating. Under that pwede mo hatiin siguro into: glass and ceramic.

    Glass is softer than ceramic so longevity is reduced pag glass coating. That is what I know hehe

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    997
    #380
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Have anyone heard of glass coating which they are claiming are different and better than ceramic coating.
    Akemi Car Care yan with their marketing BS.

    Proud pa sila na glass coating sila, eh ceramics are better than glass (check Mohs scale).

    Lol, pero magaling sila mag market, dami nag pauto na dyan.

Ceramic coating