New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    Roller lids are nice looking but like others said it leaks how about canvas cover you might consider it ang problema nga lang no locks

like this one

Pards - paano kinakabit ang snap-on, bubutasan ang mga sides ng bedliner? Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    I am now taking a second look at the Pace Edwards (PE), will try to negotiate hard with Ride, Inc..

On the leak pards - minimal water leak for the PE compared to automated Carry Boy, did I get it right?

If it's just drizzle, the bed doesn't get wet either with Pace Edwards or Carryboy Roller Lid.

Minimal rain let's say for about 20 mins, doesn't get wet for both. For an hour, a little bit.

But if it's heavy downpour and the vehicle gets exposed even just for 15 mins, expect that the sides of the floor of the cab have water on them and anything longer than that, expect that the whole flooring to get wet.

For some reason the water could seep somewhere.

To summarize, the results for both are almost the same.

Please take note that these are based from my experiences. Other owners might have different results.

*beni23: For me it still serves its purpose though it's not water tight. The reason why I want this to have on my trucks is for cover. If I bought something that I don't like to put in the cabin, I could just throw it away in the cab, roll the cover, lock it then leave the car. Then if I bought something that can't fit or don't wanna put in the cabin, I'll open the roll top then put it on the bed. Those are my main purpose. One thing that I don't do is put anything valuable or things that I don't want to get wet on the bed.

With me carrying let's say sacks of rice, it doesn't happen everyday so I don't really mind having a little discomfort in arranging our luggage.

So it depends how you use your vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    If it's just drizzle, the bed doesn't get wet either with Pace Edwards or Carryboy Roller Lid.

Minimal rain let's say for about 20 mins, doesn't get wet for both. For an hour, a little bit.

But if it's heavy downpour and the vehicle gets exposed even just for 15 mins, expect that the sides of the floor of the cab have water on them and anything longer than that, expect that the whole flooring to get wet.

For some reason the water could seep somewhere.

To summarize, the results for both are almost the same.

Please take note that these are based from my experiences. Other owners might have different results.

*beni23: For me it still serves its purpose though it's not water tight. The reason why I want this to have on my trucks is for cover. If I bought something that I don't like to put in the cabin, I could just throw it away in the cab, roll the cover, lock it then leave the car. Then if I bought something that can't fit or don't wanna put in the cabin, I'll open the roll top then put it on the bed. Those are my main purpose. One thing that I don't do is put anything valuable or things that I don't want to get wet on the bed.

With me carrying let's say sacks of rice, it doesn't happen everyday so I don't really mind having a little discomfort in arranging our luggage.

So it depends how you use your vehicle.

Thanks,

On the use - I will put in maximum four bikes (2 MTB, 1 Road, 1 Tri-Bike) reason why roller lid is the way to go for me. At the moment, I know the weakness of the roller lid and I think I can live with it by using a work-around.

Ang kinaiinisan ko lang is the out of stock and I can not wait that long; Carryboy says by the 2nd week of December. In the Strada forum, I learned D/P can not be refunded reason why I do not give D/P to Carryboy Banawe.

I am from Bataan and due for next weekend in Manila. My options would be the ff (If not for the manual Carryboy Alloy Lid):

1) Jumbo Utility Box -- Carryboy; plus a Hollywood bike fork mount.
    2) Soft Lid -- Aeroklas
    3) Sports Lid of Ride then install a hitch receiver and hitch rack
    4) PEdwards roller lid

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Carry Boy - 15k (SRP); not the snap on..
    Aero - 5.5k(SRP) according to my friend..
    im referring to the exact same thing na nakakabit sa strada niyo boss
    so yung "Areo - 5,500" is kasama na yung snap ons and the canvass cover itself? san niyo boss nakuha, sa carryboy din? bukas kasi bibili na ako and im in desperate need to find this exact type of bed cover.. ang habol ko lang is lightweight and hindi maulanan ng husto yung laman ng bed (meron naman ako wood crates sa bed elevating the load para hindi siya nakalublob incase pasukin pa rin). many thanks!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by paul4u2c View Post
    im referring to the exact same thing na nakakabit sa strada niyo boss
    so yung "Areo - 5,500" is kasama na yung snap ons and the canvass cover itself? san niyo boss nakuha, sa carryboy din? bukas kasi bibili na ako and im in desperate need to find this exact type of bed cover.. ang habol ko lang is lightweight and hindi maulanan ng husto yung laman ng bed (meron naman ako wood crates sa bed elevating the load para hindi siya nakalublob incase pasukin pa rin). many thanks!
    Parekoy - wala pa rin akong takip sa bed marami pang options. To answer your question, sabi ng igan ko, the button is part na ng cover; kasama na rin daw ang kabit. Hindi ko lang ma contact ang igan ko to confirm.

Paki PM mo is tc327; baka lang kasi nasa far North ang si tc327 may fun run kasi ang Strada Club -- dahilan kung bakit wala pa sagot. May tanong rin ako sa kanya kung bubutasan ang sides ng bed to install the button.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * dboss, thanks boss nakabili na ako P6000. got it from GENEVIEVE Car Accessories sa tapat ng C3 Audio along Banawe. yung pic posted above looks good sa Strada, hapit na hapit, ang layo ng itsura sa akin. yung sakin sa dismaya ko, tinanggal ko na, ang daming crumpled parts sa sides and ang laki ng 'lundo' sa center part ng canvas (synthetic leather) kahit na may metal brace sa gitna.. salamat ulit, i think i'll be goign for PE na lang sometime next year. or, have it customized para maganda at batak ang fit ng canvas... thanks ulit..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Parekoy - wala pa rin akong takip sa bed marami pang options. To answer your question, sabi ng igan ko, the button is part na ng cover; kasama na rin daw ang kabit. Hindi ko lang ma contact ang igan ko to confirm.

Paki PM mo is tc327; baka lang kasi nasa far North ang si tc327 may fun run kasi ang Strada Club -- dahilan kung bakit wala pa sagot. May tanong rin ako sa kanya kung bubutasan ang sides ng bed to install the button.
    ok yung bubutasin lang ay yung side bedliner lang not the body para sa buttons parang nakaipit lang siya small screw to hold ang buttons HTH
    Last edited by tc327; December 1st, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    ok yung bubutasin lang ay yung side bedliner lang not the body para sa buttons parang nakaipit lang siya small screw to hold ang buttons HTH
    Thanks -- e lift ang bed then magbutas for the screw ng button, did I get it right?

Noob/hypothethical question -- let us say I had my roller lid already from carryboy, since almost flat ang alloy lid ni carryboy, would it possible to install a soft lid to make it water proof, if too tight na, will scout for a bigger PVC Tarpaulin, say yung pang Trekker or DMax.. pang option lang naman.. TIA

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    * dboss, thanks boss nakabili na ako P6000. got it from GENEVIEVE Car Accessories sa tapat ng C3 Audio along Banawe. yung pic posted above looks good sa Strada, hapit na hapit, ang layo ng itsura sa akin. yung sakin sa dismaya ko, tinanggal ko na, ang daming crumpled parts sa sides and ang laki ng 'lundo' sa center part ng canvas (synthetic leather) kahit na may metal brace sa gitna.. salamat ulit, i think i'll be goign for PE na lang sometime next year. or, have it customized para maganda at batak ang fit ng canvas... thanks ulit..
    sayang naman bro -- isa sa mga option ko mag Alloy Lid then softlid to make it water proof pag tagulan by the time mag PE ka in the future may allowance ang PVC Tarpaulin to protect your items pag tag ulan..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Boss, dapat tumawad ka. Ang alam ko P5000 lang bentahan niyan eh. Hehe. Pero magandang klase yang aeroklas, basta iroll niyo lang po kung alam niyong mauulanan dahil magiging malaking batsa po yung bed niyo kung sakali. Hehe.

Post naman po pics! Hehe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Your Opinion - Roller Lid Purchase; Carryboy or from the Mits-Casa