New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I am based in Bataan and have been calling to monitor availability of Carryboy's roller lid but to no avail upto now.

I am now leaning towards the casa, another Thailand made lid. Would appreciate feedbacks on the quality of of the casa distributed lid.

Price of Carryboy -- SRP 31K
    Price in the Mits- casa -- SRP 31K

Will also appreciate if you can provide feedback for carryboy lid.

BAKA MAY IBANG BRAND PA DYAN, PAKI SUYO/INFO NA RIN PARA MASURI KO.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Kung sa akin lang I prefer Carryboy, at makakakuha pa ng price discount by haggling a little bit .

Kung roller lid, aside from Carryboy, Pace Edwards may also have one for our Strada just try to enquire from RIDE sa Banawe at baka may iba pang brand available sila.

RIDE INCORPORATED
    Shop/Showroom Address: 97 Banawe Street, Quezon City, Philippines
    Phone: (+632) 711.2026; (+632) 711.2127
    Fax: (+632) 731.9287
    E-mail: info*rideoffroad.com

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shakatak70 View Post
    Kung sa akin lang I prefer Carryboy, at makakakuha pa ng price discount by haggling a little bit .

Kung roller lid, aside from Carryboy, Pace Edwards may also have one for our Strada just try to enquire from RIDE sa Banawe at baka may iba pang brand available sila.

RIDE INCORPORATED
    Shop/Showroom Address: 97 Banawe Street, Quezon City, Philippines
    Phone: (+632) 711.2026; (+632) 711.2127
    Fax: (+632) 731.9287
    E-mail: info*rideoffroad.com

Salamat... pa 1K Km PM ako sa Diamond-QA this Saturday, makapaglakad nga to Ride Inc para exersise instead of waiting at the casa..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ganda ng Pace Edwards but has a premium price haaay..

Carryboy pa rin ang pasok sa budget and swak sa eyes ko for the looks department but when I checked last Saturday sa Carryboy and official outlets nila sa Banawe (Genevive). Fast seller nila ang Strada and Hilux.. may stock na kaya sa Carryboy??

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sir, are you aware that roller lids have minimal (daw) leaks? That is why I chose to have the sportlid and not this roller lid.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Sir, are you aware that roller lids have minimal (daw) leaks? That is why I chose to have the sportlid and not this roller lid.

Thanks --I am also looking the sports lid (black plastic) of RIDE, Inc as my long shot option... my concern is my bikes; I will no be able to carry all my bikes if I decided to go for this. I like the plastic black cover of RIDE, straight forward design - price less than Php30,000.00

As for the minimal leak - I will put important items in a plastic box; plastic box this is being sold nowadays very cheap at SM stores.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    This is from my personal experience.

When I bought my Dmax some 2 years back, I wanted to put a cover on the bed. I scouted for different covers and I was intrigued by this new product of Carryboy named Roller Lid. My other truck uses a Pace Edwards and, it's not really water tight, the hardship of pulling/pushing and locking/unlocking it when you have to put/get something in and from the bed is somewhat annoying especially if it’s raining, it's made of a soft aluminum bars so when some kids decided to sit on it, the possibility of snapping is very high.

I called Carryboy and inquired more on that Roller Lid and as usual, I asked how water tight it is, how about the quality, just the simple what, how and if. They told us to go to their shop to see it first hand. To cut the story short, I found it very nice so I decided to go on that one.

Initial findings:

Pros:
    - It’s very convenient since everything is done with just a push of a button or a remote.
    - The material is sturdier as compared to Pace Edwards.
    - The design is very impressive. I like how the whole flat cover looks on the bed.
    - You don’t need to lock and unlock it since the mechanism is strong enough to hold it close even if you don’t lock it.

Cons:
    - It is not watertight. Under the rain, the difference with Pace Edwards is virtually none. Expect that the bed will get totally wet especially if it gets exposed under the rain during long hours. When they were installing mine, a Hilux owner brought back his coz when they went out of town, their things got totally soaked even with that Lid closed so he said he brought it back for them to check if there are any leaks. They replaced his with a new Lid.
    - Lots of drilling on the bed to put those hoses to minimize the water drippings on the bed.
    - The remote control is quite tricky for the first few uses.
    - The module might get cumbersome even in the process of installation. Why? Imagine when they were installing it, they already replaced the module, if my mind serves me correctly, 2x and the remote, I think 2x too. For the simple reason that it’s not working. It won’t retract or extract or lock and unlock.
    - And the worst part of all, it won’t fully retract all the way to end or edge of its base. From the base, it will stop at around 5 to 6 inches before it reaches its base. So, if you want to fully utilize the capacity of the bed, you can’t unless you put something shorter that would fit under the lid.

I have learned to live with its cons for more than 2 years but last July, I don’t have any idea what happened, it didn’t want to function anymore. Everytime I tried to close it, it would just produce this continuous popping-metal to metal sound. It sounded like something is not engaging at the base. I don’t have the time yet to have it fixed so up to now that Roller Lid is totally useless. This is the time that I wished I had gone with Pace Edwards. The Pace Edwards with my other truck is still fully functional and no signs of breaking down anytime soon and to think it was installed a year or 2 before the Roller Lid. The reason why that got broken was when kids decided to make it as their playground leaving me with snapped bars.

The Roller Lid cost me if I am not mistaken, around P36k+ but that was their 2008 price.

If you’ll ask me if I still want to put a new Roller Lid in case the damage in my current Lid is unfixable, my answer would be “Forget it.”

In the end, it’s up to you if you wanna try it.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post

When I bought my Dmax some 2 years back, I wanted to put a cover on the bed. I scouted for different covers and I was intrigued by this new product of Carryboy named Roller Lid. My other truck uses a Pace Edwards and, it's not really water tight, the hardship of pulling/pushing and locking/unlocking it when you have to put/get something in and from the bed is somewhat annoying especially if it’s raining, it's made of a soft aluminum bars so when some kids decided to sit on it, the possibility of snapping is very high.

I called Carryboy and inquired more on that Roller Lid and as usual, I asked how water tight it is, how about the quality, just the simple what, how and if. They told us to go to their shop to see it first hand. To cut the story short, I found it very nice so I decided to go on that one.

Initial findings:

Pros:
    - It’s very convenient since everything is done with just a push of a button or a remote.
    - The design is very impressive. I like how the whole flat cover looks on the bed.
    - You don’t need to lock and unlock it since the mechanism is strong enough to hold it close even if you don’t lock it.

Cons:
    - It is not watertight. Under the rain, the difference with Pace Edwards is virtually none. Expect that the bed will get totally wet especially if it gets exposed under the rain during long hours. When they were installing mine, a Hilux owner brought back his coz when they went out of town, their things got totally soaked even with that Lid closed so he said he brought it back for them to check if there are any leaks. They replaced his with a new Lid.
    - Lots of drilling on the bed to put those hoses to minimize the water drippings on the bed.
    - The module might get cumbersome even in the process of installation. Why? Imagine when they were installing it, they already replaced the module, if my mind serves me correctly, 2x and the remote, I think 2x too. For the simple reason that it’s not working. It won’t retract or extract or lock and unlock.
    - And the worst part of all, it won’t fully retract all the way to end or edge of its base. From the base, it will stop at around 5 to 6 inches before it reaches its base. So, if you want to fully utilize the capacity of the bed, you can’t unless you put something shorter that would fit under the lid.

I have learned to live with its cons for more than 2 years but last July, I don’t have any idea what happened, it didn’t want to function anymore. Everytime I tried to close it, it would just produce this continuous popping-metal to metal sound. It sounded like something is not engaging at the base. I don’t have the time yet to have it fixed so up to now that Roller Lid is totally useless. This is the time that I wished I had gone with Pace Edwards. The Pace Edwards with my other truck is still fully functional and no signs of breaking down anytime soon and to think it was installed a year or 2 before the Roller Lid. The reason why that got broken was when kids decided to make it as their playground leaving me with snapped bars.

The Roller Lid cost me if I am not mistaken, around P36k+ but that was their 2008 price.

If you’ll ask me if I still want to put a new Roller Lid in case the damage in my current Lid is unfixable, my answer would be “Forget it.”

Same thing that happened to my mom's officemate. Hers was a carryboy roller lid, she placed her paper works inside her Ford Ranger's bed and closed her roller lid and when she arrived at their office, BOOM! She was shouting and cursing her roller lid because her paper works got soaked.

MINIMAL leak my :butt2: !!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post

Initial findings:

Pros:

Cons:

Wow thanks for your time for giving an on-hand feedback on the roller lid this feedback will be helpfull for me and for the others who want buy an alloy lid. Thanks again !!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Same thing that happened to my mom's officemate. Hers was a carryboy roller lid, she placed her paper works inside her Ford Ranger's bed and closed her roller lid and when she arrived at their office, BOOM! She was shouting and cursing her roller lid because her paper works got soaked.

MINIMAL leak my :butt2: !!!
    She put her paper works on the bed? Oh my, that's a big no no especially if it's raining. Might as well bid goodbye to your paper works.hehe If it's just drizzle, the chance of the bed getting wet is very minimal.

For me, what I do when we go to our province and it's rainy, I always ask my passengers if their bag is water proof. If not, we arrange it in a way that it's not on the bed floor. And for sacks of rice, we put woods on the bed so that they will touch the bed floor and wrap with plastics so even if the water seeps, the plastic will prevent them from getting wet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Your Opinion - Roller Lid Purchase; Carryboy or from the Mits-Casa