New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i am thinking of selling my 96 civic vtec and get a 98 galant vr/v6, they are both in the same price range but of different category the galant is in the luxury sedan category but the resale value is in the same range as my civic, i was wondering why?? DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD MOVE?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, 2.0 cars always have a lower resale dito sa pinas, you can get them as low as some 1.3 cars panga actually... The notion of a gaz guzzler (relative to a 1.3/1.6) and the fact na mas madali magdispose ng 1.6 and below skews the pricing quite a bit.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup. shark galants are cheap too. nasa 300k+. if only i had 300k hanging out of my butt

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... nothing personal... most 2.0 midsized cars are worth goat droppings on the used car market. They're too big to be budget cars, and too common to be considered luxury cars, thus, not many people want them.

Nice, though, if you have the money to buy and restore one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    A kaya pala.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    the v6 engine is kmown to be a gas guzzler. pero most galants on the secon hand market are as well priced low. if only i have the extra money... i like the looks of the galant.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, in the long run...compact cars overlaps the value of most midsizers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A '96 Civic Vti commands better resale then a same year model Accord.

why is the resale value of the 98 galant vr/v6 low?