New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    This switch, adjacent to the automatic shift lever, allows the driver to choose the gear range as appropriate.

There are three positions, POWER, AUTO and HOLD.

POWER: when switched on, the POWER light will show on the dash. In normal driving, with the shift lever in D, the power mode will operate through the full range of gears 1 to 3 plus overdrive when active. In 2, the power mode will only operate through 1 to 2, and in L, the power mode will only operate on the first gear.

AUTO: In auto mode, the transmission will automatically change between POWER and ECONOMY modes as driving conditions define, changing to POWER mode for example when starting a hill ascent.

HOLD: The HOLD light will show on the dash. The transmission will operate in ECONOMY mode through the full range of selected gears, not changing any higher than the selected gear, for example if you have selected L, the transmission will not change up to 2 or higher.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    kung cinuman nkkalam, pa hold naman!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    it seems to be that you have an imported pajero,probably you already have a manual a japanese i suppose...look for an english version,make a copy of it. your in a good place to ask around for a small favor...hehehe...

__________________________________________________ ______________________
    [/I]enemy of your enemy is my friend[I]

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    [QUOTE=teamsicnarf]it seems to be that you have an imported pajero,probably you already have a manual a japanese i suppose...look for an english version,make a copy of it. your in a good place to ask around for a small favor...hehehe...

__________________________________________________ _____________
    enemy of your enemy is my friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
When to use 'hold' transmission mode in pajero?