New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    technically, grandis is actually closer to the innova than to the previa. in fact, the grandis is the successor of the old Space Wagon and isn't really a minivan. sa pricing lang naman naging competitor ng grandis ang previa e, which is a bone-headed move by mitsubishi imo.

in fact, the innova has a roomier third row seat than the grandis. i've already tried three times, wala, hindi talaga ako kasya sa third row ng grandis hehehe. literally.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    problema pag pumunta ka sa kahit saang mitsu casa, ang icompare nila is previa, then innova naman sa adventure hehe

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think mas maganda naman talga Grandis sa Innova although di sila exactly in same category (but definitely di maiiwasan nag wag ipag-compare). If only Mitsubishi lowers the price a bit, mas may chance sana sha sa market cuz they can market the Grandis as a cool alternative.

Personally, type na type ko sha but hesitant me to plan for it cuz marami pang ibang choices at that price (like Fortuner).

When I think of Innova, I also think of Adventure, Revo, Crosswind, so medyo ibang category nga sha.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I agree the Grandis shouldn't be compared to the Innova. But the price difference of almost half a million will make explaining it a bit difficult. Nobody in the thread is suggesting that the Grandis lower its price at the Innova level. A price difference of 200K - 250K would be more fair. Otherwise, i-phase out na lang nila cause mangingilabok lang yan sa bodega nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, look at it this way... if you put leather on the innova's seats and doors, put in the 2.7L gas engine (from the hilux, which is based on the same platform), put in the digital climate control from the fortuner, put in the "driver information display" from the fortuner, buff the body out somehow, put in bigger wheels and tires, and add other features,... ayan, it becomes much clearer how the innova is very similar to the grandis in terms of packaging and size. hehe :D

but yes, while technically, the grandis is closer to the innova than to the previa, logically, it should be compared to the previa because of the price... innova buyers aren't cross-shopping the grandis for that reason, as has been pointed out by others already

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    well, look at it this way... if you put leather on the innova's seats and doors, put in the 2.7L gas engine (from the hilux, which is based on the same platform), put in the digital climate control from the fortuner, put in the "driver information display" from the fortuner, buff the body out somehow, put in bigger wheels and tires, and add other features,... ayan, it becomes much clearer how the innova is very similar to the grandis in terms of packaging and size. hehe :D

but yes, while technically, the grandis is closer to the innova than to the previa, logically, it should be compared to the previa because of the price... innova buyers aren't cross-shopping the grandis for that reason, as has been pointed out by others already
    Yup and after you do that, the Innova would probably be priced liked the Grandis. :P

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Innova is still an AUV and still feels like an AUV when you drive it. Try driving a Grandis and Innova and you'll see where the money went, safety, engine, etc.

The Grandis is more or less on the same category with the Honda Stream / Toyota Avensis

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    dapat ang ikinukumpara grandis and previa...

cheaper ang loob ng innova compared sa grandis. mas advanced naman ang MIVEC kesa sa VVTi. so don't compare bananas with apples, OK???
    How sure are you that MIVEC is more advanced than VVTi?

I know that the Grandis and Innova are not direct rivals, but given the Toyota's ability and value, I don't know what to make of the Mitsubishi. For sure, the 500K extra still isn't worth it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    I know that the Grandis and Innova are not direct rivals, but given the Toyota's ability and value, I don't know what to make of the Mitsubishi. For sure, the 500K extra still isn't worth it.
    but then again... as I've said before... if you are looking for value for your money, the Innova still pales in comparison with the Starex (more room, better engine, with safety features) for just a 100K difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    The Grandis is more or less on the same category with the Honda Stream / Toyota Avensis
    Ah yes... right on the mark...

IMO, it is useless to compare the Innova with the Grandis. They belong to different market segments.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What now for Grandis?