New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cool. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para sa 840k, they should've used disc brakes instead of just drums sa likod IMHO... :roll:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it definitely advances the state-of-the-transmission-art locally, which mitsu definitely deserves credit for. the interior is nice too, saw one up close at greenhills. but the styling isn't too striking, and the outsized grille in particular doesn't suit the car. on paper at least, the power isn't up to par with competitors (by 6 to 20 hp), though the CVT will probably help out.

personally, i'd take something else over it (like the Lynx, which you can have an M/T with the top-end trim level), but it should present stiff competition to the civic and altis (and others) especially because the Lancer undercuts those in price. i'd expect toyota and honda to add features or put out a promo if the Lancer sells well. consumer wins any way.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats to mitsu phil for bringing in CVT technology here...

hope that other car makers would follow suit...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bare yung likod. tsaka walang ABS.... drum type pa rin yung rear wheels.
    on a scale of 1-10, i think i will give it a 7.5 because of the CVT transmission.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    lancer cedia is the best transmission in its class but it is underpowered yet fuel economy. its for city driving class i may say, interior tops all!!! plus the 6speed CVT.
    hope mitsubishi will soon release their all disc brakes with abs to top it all!
    for its SRP 840k its too high from the features they are offering. they should produce higher version of the engine and its brakes.
    Mitsubishi must release more features to top all its class!
    its a family car!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sinakyan ko kanina sa showroom..ang sikip sa front parang ang baba ng ceiling, ang taas ng seat kahit nasa lowest postion at sobrang slope ng windshield...parang mas classy pa rin ang interior ng lnyx o sentra kahit mas masikip sa likod ang sentra...the exterior looks too plain and nothing to hoot about...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the lancer is purty!!!

Also, it has better proportions compared to the Altis and the Civic (which look too tall IMHO)

But i do agree that it should already have rear discs and a more powerful engine.... expect Mitsu to release a new trim level in a couple of years!!! Damn marketing people! I wish all people were engineers!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What can you say about the new Lancer?