New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    IMO that's one UGLY car!
    hehehe.... mazda, may ralliart version na lalabas (sana!) yang gallant na yan. 260hp..... pina-pogi pa. same engine with the upcoming eclipse. yung endeavor pinagi-isipan pa pero mukhang malabo.

airshaq,
    I agree na medyo nago-overlap yung mga model line up nila (although the montero and endeavor has different audiences) pero imo, nagsimula silang humina (I mean lalong bumaba yung sales) nung lumabas yung findings ng CR na tumataob yung bread-bread-and-butter SUV nila..... dagdag mo pa yung pagtatago nila ng mga dapat nilang i-recall which robbed them of the consumer's trust. Hirap bawiin yung image na sinungalin at mapanga-buso not to mention 'unsafe' (per CR's findings).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kung yung montero sports nga ngayon lang dumating e
    Mitsubishi dropped down that model last september because of low sales figure. I guess they shipped those SUVs to other markets.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    OJT ka sa ford? pa test drive!

masgusto ko parin yun galant ray-ban

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT: anong pumalit sa L300 sa ibang market?
    there was never an L300 (or L200 or L400) that came out here. But i believe they had a single cab truck called Mighty Max that looks like an L200 but didnt sell well. Mitsubishi have too many black market models and that affects their reputation in every part of the world. The box type lancer and galant were (i believe) only sold in the Philippines from 1982-1988, the L300 came out 1987 to present(?) with a junk 2.5L diesel engine which was used on the L200 and they turbocharged it for the pajero.

What i see is, they all just coming out with junk cars. Im not even impressed with the Evo - i mean, any automotive manufacturer can slam a turbocharger and sponsor it to a rally.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    *Macky:

I agree na medyo nago-overlap yung mga model line up nila (although the montero and endeavor has different audiences) ....
    True true....i think they're trying to copycat Toyota. Toyota is trying to concentrate with SUV's and trucks, some of 'em are overlapping each other. They are dropping the MR2 and the Celica for starting next year because of bad sales.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    .....They dropped down the Montero Sport because it is competing with their own Endeavor model. The regular montero hasn't been changed for a while and you rarely see them on US streets....
    Poor mitsu, they can't copy toyota. Toyota has the Highlander (vs Endeavor) and the 4Runner (vs Montero Sport) and these 2 SUVs still sell like hotcakes (115,212 4Runners and 134,077 Highlanders sold in 2004).
    I read last year the bigger Montero is being dropped from the US lineup because mitsu will not be able to meet stringent US emissions and safety standards when the next-gen Montero(Pajero) comes out due to mitsu's limited finances. the current Montero is so underpowered (no V8) it's so underwhelming.
    the Galant has been a disappointment, mitsu hoped it would sell a lot more than the previous gen but that hope has fizzled.
    mitsu's woes continue

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    You mean you guys dont have that yet? i believe that one came out 2003 as a 2004 model.
    The Philippines and some asian countries (including Japan), didnt get the new body Galant. All we got is the so so GT-A with the BMW M3 inspired rims. Taiwan has a new Galant;dubbed as the Galant Grunder. We here in PI really dont know if Mitsubishi will sell that here. We here in PI thought that Mitsubishi will sell the Diamante here because everybody in the Mitsubishi Motor World 2003 said that they will include that 3.5 V6 engined car here. But look, its been more than a year and we haven't seen any single Diamante in the showroom. There is a possibility that the Galant Grunder will come here because MMPI has connections with the Taiwan Mitsubishi because the L400 Space Gear that are sold here in PI are imported from Taiwan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    arghhhh. 8g galant VR-4 pa rin. ;)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Im sure yung Galant Grunder ang lalabas dito dahil yung Space Gear natin ngayon ay galing sa Taiwan(designed in Taiwan tulad ng Adventure)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one more reason why i love my 7G :D

ang sagwa talaga ng 9G!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
USDM Galant spotted in Pasong Tamo