New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS12 View Post
    hopefully it will never happen again to other owner of new montero.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    stupid owners exist... damage will vary...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    that filter looks like it was washed then installed while still damp. kaya nag-cave in kasi the water acted to block the flow of air then the paper collapsed and probably parts of it went into the turbo.

always dry your filter after washing. then inspect before installing.
    Diba meron oem filter cleaner na ginagamit pang linis.maybe he used ordinary soap and water to clean the oem filter.if i not mistaken spray type pa nga yung oem filter cleaner.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Puro assumptions lang kayo. Wala tayo sa kalingkingan ni Sir Zix kung reputation lang din pag uusapan

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by zix888 View Post
    Since bread and butter ni sir yung monty niya(Grab), he cannot wait that long for a new oem turbo from casa, thats why he decided to have it replaced here and upgrade na din.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boss patrick ano po recomnended upgrade ng turbo charger.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by montro View Post
    Diba meron oem filter cleaner na ginagamit pang linis.maybe he used ordinary soap and water to clean the oem filter.if i not mistaken spray type pa nga yung oem filter cleaner.

most automotive air filters are not washable. look at the pictures alone. the filter media collapsed because it was washed. no ribbing or mesh whatsoever to support an after wash.

this is what happens when idiots save on air filters, "maling akala" is too costly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hmm. How much is a new turbo? Say 100k? How many days will he miss at work if he had it replaced by the casa? Will he have earned more than 100k in that number of days?

Now he has to work an extra x number of days just to recoup that 100k.

Between that option and waiting for the casa to replace my turbo and saving 100k and possibly taking a vacation during the downtime, I think the latter is a much less stressful option with the same ending financially.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Thats make sense.but to consider how many weeks will the casa have this new turbo charger to arrive and schedule him for replacement.siguro ganun din ang quotient.nagkaroon lang siguro ng pressure in decision making.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS12 View Post
    this is not good for new engine. Turbo replacement cost a lot, i had this problem on my starex almost spent more than 100k for this. We need to watch this one 🤔🤔

Also encountered this on my Ford Ranger T6 2 years ago, i had to buy the Turbo outside the country damage cost, 120k all in all including repair and installation.

I was planning to get this Montero, actually i already paid the reservation still waiting for a unit.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Also encountered this on my Ford Ranger T6 2 years ago, i had to buy the Turbo outside the country damage cost, 120k all in all including repair and installation.

I was planning to get this Montero, actually i already paid the reservation still waiting for a unit.
    maybe isolated case lang

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ok yan si sir zix888. Mpagkakatiwalaan. Mukhang alam ng owner na wala sa warranty kaya pinagawa na lang kay zix. Tsaka may kapabayaan siya kaya ganyan. If oem filter yan, that would not happen in a normal situation.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hmm. How much is a new turbo? Say 100k? How many days will he miss at work if he had it replaced by the casa? Will he have earned more than 100k in that number of days?

Now he has to work an extra x number of days just to recoup that 100k.

Between that option and waiting for the casa to replace my turbo and saving 100k and possibly taking a vacation during the downtime, I think the latter is a much less stressful option with the same ending financially.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I have the same thoughts as well. Having busted a turbo myself that cost 125k if memory serves. Why gamble on an untested aftermarket turbo if you can get one for free?

And with normal wastegated turbos you'll either end up with a more responsive smaller turbo that loses steam fast, a medium sized one good for the only the mid range or a big one that is gutless at low revs.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast