New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Na check na po ng cousin ko.. Ala na daw thermostat yung sa akin.. Condemned na daw.. Kanina he was able to see the temp of my L200.. Nag idle lang yung engine while waiting for his kids.. Tumaas hanggang 3/4 yung temp ko din he asked me to turn the a/c off then after that umuwi kami.. Habang tumatakbo the engine became cooler but when we arrived home ubos tubig ko sa reservoir.. Hindi naman daw head yung problema kasi hindi naman bumubulwak yung tubig ko sa reservoir.. Sabi nya sa akin na pa hanapin daw ako ng 3tubes na rad.. I forgot to ask him why.. Anyone knows here the reason?? If 2tubes lng talaga orig na rad ng L200 ba't kailangan palitan ng 3tubes??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4 View Post
    Sometimes the cause is just a busted reservoir tank (di na sealed) or a busted radiator cap.
    im looking into it also kc hindi na sealed reservoir ko..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pierced View Post
    im looking into it also kc hindi na sealed reservoir ko..
    Baka ito lang culprit. Had the same problem on one of my rigs before. Nag overhaul na ko ng radiator nag iinit pa rin. When we took a look at the reservoir tank closely di na pala siya sealed - may crack where the hose to/from the radiator is connected. Had it replaced and it solved the problem. Pag may leak kasi walang pressure ang reservoir tank na ibalik ang water sa radiator.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4 View Post
    Baka ito lang culprit. Had the same problem on one of my rigs before. Nag overhaul na ko ng radiator nag iinit pa rin. When we took a look at the reservoir tank closely di na pala siya sealed - may crack where the hose to/from the radiator is connected. Had it replaced and it solved the problem. Pag may leak kasi walang pressure ang reservoir tank na ibalik ang water sa radiator.
    I'll try to look for a new one.. Medyo mahal kc dito sa Cebu.. Order sana ako diyan sa Manila but no one's coming pa sa mga relatives ko.. Is it advisable if ibabalik ko thermostat?? Idk how long has this been condemned..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    This is more like it.. I'll have this print out pra makita ng cousin ko.. Thank you so much for the great help!
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    check nalang the valve clearance and compression po...

you can also check blowby by running the engine and see how much steam are you getting from the opened oil cap or the oil dip stick...

you can also try removing your thermostat and bring it to your kitchen... boil it... measure it with a thermometer... check it if it opens and if it closes...

I printed this and gave it to my cousin.. Tama po lahat ginawa niya.. Wala na lang thermostat ko.. Valve clearance ay tama rin.. He told me to look for another radiator.. 3 tubes radiator..

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Na check na po ng cousin ko.. Ala na daw thermostat yung sa akin.. Condemned na daw.. Kanina he was able to see the temp of my L200.. Nag idle lang yung engine while waiting for his kids.. Tumaas hanggang 3/4 yung temp ko din he asked me to turn the a/c off then after that umuwi kami.. Habang tumatakbo the engine became cooler but when we arrived home ubos tubig ko sa reservoir.. Hindi naman daw head yung problema kasi hindi naman bumubulwak yung tubig ko sa reservoir.. Sabi nya sa akin na pa hanapin daw ako ng 3tubes na rad.. I forgot to ask him why.. Anyone knows here the reason?? If 2tubes lng talaga orig na rad ng L200 ba't kailangan palitan ng 3tubes??

I dont know if your car has a mechanical fan and an electric fan or mechanical or just electrical

The mechanical fan is controlled by a thermostatic clutch. If the fan is freewheeling while the motor is overheating, the clutch is bad.

The electric fan is a bit more complicated. There are several sensors that control it. In the top of the motor, near the upper radiator hose, there is at least one temperature switch that turns the fan on based on coolant temperature. There is a pressure switch located in the A/C drier that turns the fan on when the AC becomes overloaded. A simple check is to short the leads going to one of these switches. If the fan doesn't come on, it's a good bet that the fuse and fan resistor are burned out. The fuse will be in the electrical center (along with the relay, which is also worth checking). The resistor is probably located somewhere on the left inner fender. The fan itself could also be burned out or the bearing gummed up. The fan motors are rebuildable, but it's not the easiest job.

You have replace the radiator recently. My question is, did you try bleeding your cooling system? Possible there is a trap air in your cooling system causing coolant not circulating properly. The bleeder on the cooling system is on the thermostat housing. Loosen the locking nut and use a screw driver to open the bleeder to let the air out. On the thermostat housing there is a bleeder screw, after flush refill, let idle add coolant when level drops, open bleeder screw until coolant comes out steady, and when the radiator fan comes on, top off coolant then install cap.

Go ahead and do this with your cuz.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    I dont know if your car has a mechanical fan and an electric fan or mechanical or just electrical

The mechanical fan is controlled by a thermostatic clutch. If the fan is freewheeling while the motor is overheating, the clutch is bad.

The electric fan is a bit more complicated. There are several sensors that control it. In the top of the motor, near the upper radiator hose, there is at least one temperature switch that turns the fan on based on coolant temperature. There is a pressure switch located in the A/C drier that turns the fan on when the AC becomes overloaded. A simple check is to short the leads going to one of these switches. If the fan doesn't come on, it's a good bet that the fuse and fan resistor are burned out. The fuse will be in the electrical center (along with the relay, which is also worth checking). The resistor is probably located somewhere on the left inner fender. The fan itself could also be burned out or the bearing gummed up. The fan motors are rebuildable, but it's not the easiest job.

You have replace the radiator recently. My question is, did you try bleeding your cooling system? Possible there is a trap air in your cooling system causing coolant not circulating properly. The bleeder on the cooling system is on the thermostat housing. Loosen the locking nut and use a screw driver to open the bleeder to let the air out. On the thermostat housing there is a bleeder screw, after flush refill, let idle add coolant when level drops, open bleeder screw until coolant comes out steady, and when the radiator fan comes on, top off coolant then install cap.

Go ahead and do this with your cuz.
    I'll print this one so we can read it together.. Thanks for help..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    My cousin has already checked my L200 and I wasnt aware na wala na pala check valve ng rad cap ko si I still have to change it then observe.. I hope Ok na after nito..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    my cousin has already checked my l200 and i wasnt aware na wala na pala check valve ng rad cap ko si i still have to change it then observe.. I hope ok na after nito..
    bro, nayos na ba problem mo sa overheating?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rode View Post
    bro, nayos na ba problem mo sa overheating?
    hindi pa bro.. still observing it.. changed my rad cap already pero parang tumataas pa rin.. But havent tried na lumabas yung h20 sa reservoir..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tumataas Temp ng L200 ko.. 4D56 Engine po..