New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a sort of similar problem before in my Adventure. Had the sort of 'clankclankclankclankclank" lalo na if it is in idling or when I'm in an incline. Pag accel. naman or pag tapak ng clutch nawawala. We later found out na may tama na pala ang muffler ko (yung the one right underneath the car, not the one at the end). Right inside I can hear that rattling noise. After pinalit wala na ang problem.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Just done with 30TKm PMS. They inspected transmission support and muffler hanger. According to my advisor, they tightened brace of the exhaust pipe assembly.
    Last edited by RafRaf; September 27th, 2005 at 12:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    When I had my eclipse I had the same rattling happening when I would drive and it would stop when I shifted or put in the clutch. I ended up needing my clutch replaced which is why I got rid of the car so you might need a new clutch.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    things seem ok so far.

update 10/11/05: hmmm, minsan bumabalik. so dinala ko ngayong umaga sa casa ulit. my advisor explains that the clutch spring is the culprit. not having it fixed will do no harm to the transimission, he says. normal lang daw... even the L200 has this. the release bearing still ok since it engages, he confirms too. if the rattle gets louder or doesn't go away even with the clutch disengage, have it looked at again. replacement of the spring is P3000 and normally it gets replaced with the clutch when milage is around 100T Km.

my plans? well, i think ipa-check ko nalang siguro every PMS para ma-monitor.
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 11th, 2005 at 10:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys!!! walang problema transmission nyo,masyado pang maaga para bumigay yun. check your exhaust pipe masyado kasing mabigat ang resonator or silenser natin kya ganun.kaya karamihan nagmumufler nlng isa ako dun...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    This may be my last log here regarding this problem of mine. I wrote an e-mail to mitsubishi motors - d-doctor*mitsubishi-motors.com.ph - and asked them to confirm what my service advisor had explained to me. Is it really normal? Who does it seem that others don't have this problem? They sent an engineer (from Cainta) to check my complaint. We met in another Mitsu casa. Both the engineer from cainta and at the casa where we met (including the service/parts manager) had same analysis. That it was the torsion springs in the clutch disc that was causing the rattle. The engineer from cainta explained that there is an allowable play for the torsion springs in the clutch disc. Mine happens to have developed some play I suppose. When the machine is heated up, it probably has expanded to fit snuggly such that the noise goes away. But this shouldn't have negative effect on the machine - safety-wise and performance-wise, they explain. They also said that my problem and my vehicle have been noted and if any more bigger problems occur and traced to have been due to this clutch spring issue, that it will be covered under warranty. They seemed to be very confident about this that they even said that this will hold true even after the 3yrs/100TKm period. That's customer service for you! Thank you to the people from Mitsubishi who checked Seth today!
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 27th, 2005 at 01:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf
    This may be my last log here regarding this problem of mine. I wrote an e-mail to mitsubishi motors - d-doctor*mitsubishi-motors.com.ph - and asked them to confirm what my service advisor had explained to me. Is it really normal? Who does it seem that others don't have this problem? They sent an engineer (from Cainta) to check my complaint. We met in another Mitsu casa. Both the engineer from cainta and at the casa where we met (including the service/parts manager) had same analysis. That it was the torsion springs in the clutch disc that was causing the rattle. The engineer from cainta explained that there is an allowable play for the torsion springs in the clutch disc. Mine happens to have developed some play I suppose. When the machine is heated up, it probably has expanded to fit snuggly such that the noise goes away. But this shouldn't have negative effect on the machine - safety-wise and performance-wise, they explain. They also said that my problem and my vehicle have been noted and if any more bigger problems occur and traced to have been due to this clutch spring issue, that it will be covered under warranty. They seemed to be very confident about this that they even said that this will hold true even after the 3yrs/100TKm period. That's customer service for you! Thank you to the people from Mitsubishi who checked Seth today!

Hindi lang pla engine ng mitsu realible pati customer service.. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ganyan din sakin kaso hinahayaan ko na lng...pag start sa una maingay, minsan meron minsan wala...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadetree MKNX
    It's probably normal. Most cars sound quieter idling with the clutch depressed.

Did this just happen recently or has this been like this for a long time now?
    Hi, interesting thread. I have the same observation on my 2003 Diesel SS. Really bothersome.

More reading to understand clutch-related chatter (or clatter) at AA1Car Automotive Diagnostic & Repair Help Online at <http://www.aa1car.com/library/2004/bf40459.htm>

Cheers!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    update ko lang itong thread na ito baka na solve nyo na ung clatter sount ng tranny nyo.sa aking 2008 nagpapalit na ako ng CD,PP,RB,PB,medyo humina ung clatter ,pero dinig parin kapag naka nuetral,maingay parin pero hindi na kasing lakas dati.ano pa kaya ibang problema nito..

sak nga pala kahapon ko lang napa gawa.pero ngayon medyo slide siya sa 3rd gear at 4th.normal lang kaya ito.or hayaan ko muna gamitin ko muna.baka sakaling lumapat pa ng husto ung clutch dics niya..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
transmission problem (clatter sound...)