New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any tips at all? what to watch out for, dos and dont, etc.

Either 2nd gen or 1st gen. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti pa si President pwedeng mag-search!

Anyways, Subukan mo yang mga thread na binanggit nya, I'm sure marami ka na dyang makukuhang sagot.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the links.

Although they are helpful in a way, I was more inclined to know if Subic Pajeros are good enough. If they are, how do I go buying a Pajero in Subic? Should I opt only for the local Pajeros? I'm more interested in the Gen2 because of its seating arrangement. Are all automatic? Is the diesel engine of the Pajero OK? Some Gen2 has fender flares, others has none. What is the difference other than the flares and if you were to buy one, which to get from the two?

Sorry lang kung maraming tanong. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess the Pajero Masters hould be the ones answering your queries. Nonetheless, I may share some of the few infos I know.

The Gen 2 units have fender flares or cladding same as OTEP's and KCboy's rides, sometimes also referred to as Tonka body. Most of the units sold are in manual trannys. It has 4D56TDIC.

The Gen 2.5 units are the units of pajerokid & PROMDIBOY. Mostly referred as blister fender models. Initial units did came out with manual trannys but later sold with automatics. A chosen few did have 4x4 version before the heavy tax burden, and eventually later models were sold only in 4x2 variant, A/T, and lots nifty switches that made me busy while waiting for the traffic to clear. Another feature that pleased me was the shock absorber switch which controls the stiffness in three stages from soft to hard. Oh, one thing I almost forgot, a brute 4M40TDIC is under the hood.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I found another more recent link:

- 2nd gen pajero

Tips in buying a 2nd hand Pajero