New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi,

Can anybody please give some feedbacks on R1 Sports Lowering Springs. These are made in Taiwan and they have an application for a 1.5 inch drop for a Lancer GSR 2001 coupe.

The dealer was asking for 6,000 pesos for a set (Front and Rear). I am hesitant to try these but at the price I am tempted to do so.

Lancer owners using these springs, can you kindly provide some comments.

Tks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    Hi,

Can anybody please give some feedbacks on R1 Sports Lowering Springs. These are made in Taiwan and they have an application for a 1.5 inch drop for a Lancer GSR 2001 coupe.

The dealer was asking for 6,000 pesos for a set (Front and Rear). I am hesitant to try these but at the price I am tempted to do so.

Lancer owners using these springs, can you kindly provide some comments.

Tks

they are very stiff so talagang alog ka while driving. the only good thing i see is maganda ang cornering.

i have one, pero dahil sa sobrang alog, binalik ko na lang sa stock springs yung mitsulan ko. mas important sa akin ang ride quality kesa sa looks and cornering.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan meron R1 sa banawe mga paps?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can look for OEM springs for JDM Lancers... they give a stiffer, more controlled ride, while still being liveable... just drove a friend's car with springs from an AWD JDM Lancer (non-Evo)... pretty good, but of course, it also had an adjustable suspension to go with the springs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Taiwan Made Lowering Springs