New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    don't try the zic rv, its not fully synthetic lol. its a synth blend.

delvac 1 5w-40 should be ok for 15k, in Australia the OCI for the challenger is every 15K
    This is what actually the guy from Mitsu Prime told me, that the Delvac 1 can last up to 15K kms. I tried to confirm this with the service center and he agreed that it is good for 15k kms. I wanted to be a little more conservative so I'm thinking 12 to 13K. I just find it too early at 10K kms since I can get this in less 6 mos, plus this oil ain't cheap.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    i just had my strada serviced for 90,000 km. i came across mitsubishi's new Turbo XP FS Engine oil here

http://tsikot.com/forums/mitsubishi-.../index101.html

.... and saw that it met all the requirements i had for my strada.

1. FS to last 10,000km
    2. CI-4 rating to meet requirements of having an EGR
    3. A3/B3 rating to meet requirements, being a direct injection engine

to date, i haven't come across any FS oil which has both CI-4 and A3/B3 rating which was the reason why i started this thread. The old Turbo XP had CF rating only.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    Manual says API or ACEA, not both. If you want to satisfy what Mitsubishi wants, then use Mitsubishi TurboXP.
    you might say that you've said it all along. however, when i started this thread, i had the old turbo XP in my mind. i didn't know they had a new one which had CI-4 and A3/B3 ratings. nonetheless, thanks for suggesting Turbo XP. i ended up using it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaris008 View Post
    you might say that you've said it all along. however, when i started this thread, i had the old turbo XP in my mind. i didn't know they had a new one which had CI-4 and A3/B3 ratings. nonetheless, thanks for suggesting Turbo XP. i ended up using it.
    Sir you might wanna try Mobil 1 TDT. Been using it for the past 4 years and have clocked 120k na on my odo. Very satisfied naman ako until I totaled my ride. You can go as high as 15k intervals before changing oils pero dapat every 5k and 10k palit Lang ng oil filter and a little top up. With regards to the ERG, you can always block it/blanking or just have your EGR cleaned every 2 years and use quality diesel fuels. HTH kahit medyo late na.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Synthetic Engine Oil for Strada/Montero (Direct Injection Turbo CR Diesel w/ EGR)