New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie View Post
    ok, I'v Seen a Subic Pajero w/o the hoodscoop so this means the engine was 4D56 but w/ Intercooler. and how about the conversion, what to check?
    Yup. A diesel GEN II Pajero without a hood scoop is equipped with a 2.5l 4d56 turbocharged and intercooled engine. The intercooler draws air from a concealed scoop built into the front grille which transmits air through the hood's double wall design. AFAIK the normally aspirated and turbo only 4d56 were not available for the GEN II. Of course some owner's do install scooped hoods on their units for cosmetic purposes [and to look like they're packing a 2.8].

A diesel GEN II with a hood scoop is equipped with a 2.8l 4m40 turbocharged and intercooled engine. Obviously this one draws air directly from the atmosphere into the intercooler assembly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

acenie: ano ba mahalaga sayo bro? comfort, size, driveability, long term use, maintenance? the guys here can give you much better feedback if you can identify your priorities

sa convertion? of course the gearbox (some use toyota GB), a/c will be problematic if not done properly, electrical and the dashpanel.

May converted Pajero ako before. 2.5tdic

unless pajero evolution kunin mo..hehehe, 3.5L MIVEC v6!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    up lang peeps!

I'm in a similar situation now, although i'm happy with my JDM 2.5L tdic pajero... i'm contemplating on switching to an early starex, '99 to be exact.

I've been doing research on this, both vehicle seem to almost the same fuel consumption, as what can be expected for having similar if not twin engines :D

what's the big difference between '99 and '00 models except for the rust issue? as pointed out it should've been taken cared for by the present owner by now... price difference between a '99 and a '00 varies at an average of 100k

hope you guys can share more info

tia!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    To share, I have 2 vans one with Japan mitsu 4d56 turbo (engine replaced for Besta) and a 2004 Starex korean D4BX turbo intercooler engine.

Though they're matching almost same, with my driving experience is that, 4d56 pack with more power esp sa hatak at arangkada.

But when it comes sa comfort driving, Starex has its edge, esp ercon..super cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subic Pajero for daily driving compare to Starex