New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shift on the fly ng strada tulad din ba ito sa pajero? below 100kph pwede i shift sa 4 wheel drive from 2 wd? pwede ba sa avement road palagi?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, it is. I currently own a 2001 model Strada and I tried shifting it on the fly at 75 kph. Smooth ang shift, walang clashing of gears. Just read the manual and it says you can shift it from 2H to 4H either stopped or moving. Except when you are shifting from 2H/4H to 4L which must be fully stopped. I had some trouble with the sticker on the driver's side door for transfer instructions which says otherwise. Imagine contradicting sa manual. :shock: I just trusted the manual. The current 2003 Strada is Shift-on-the-fly and the driver's side sticker says so. Both of them have the same transmission as the previous '00, '01, '02 Stradas. In Europe they call this Easy Select as compared to the Super Select of the Pajero/Montero/Shogun. In European revies of the Strada/L200 they say you could shift it up to 100 kph (4H only). Anong model Strada mo dude?

Regarding your question on "on-road" shifting. You may experience a slight braking effect when you are on 4WD and try to make turns while on pavement. Others have said this may put some pressure on your drive train. It may even damage it if you strain it too hard. Wala kasing center differential ito tulad ng sa Pajero Super Select that can distribute the torque to the wheels while turning kaya walang braking effect. Kung straight driving no problem. Also driving on dry pavement increases fuel consumption and wear and tear of your driveline. Use it only as needed, e.g. very wet roads or off-road. Goodluck. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plano k bumili ng pik up pinagpipilian ko pa kung talagang hi lux na ANG BIBILIN K PERO pumapasok pa din ang strada kase mataas sya with 31 tires n so konti na lang ang modification like 2inch lift plus 33 inch tire plus marami syang features like may auto transmission ns tire pressure sensor and air bag shift on the fly magagamit ko ito sa pavement roa di b pero dapat straight lang b di pwede lumiko? mas maluwag sya sa loob than any other pickup macho talaga ang porma yun nga lang 2.5 tdic opadi ang engine compare to nissan frontier 3.2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kamusta naman ang power ng strada bitin b or ok lang?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4x4fan,

Actually pwede mo din siyang iliko while on 4WD iyon nga lang medyo may braking effect. It's the same with all part-time without the center differentials like the Trooper and Frontier. By the way shift-on-the-fly din Frontier 4x4 kaya lang up to 40 kph lang.

Regarding on your choice, maganda nga talaga Strada. Aside from the items you mentioned mas malakas engine niya compared to the Hi-lux at Auto-locking hubs pa. Hi-lux is manual locking hubs. (Though most off-roaders sometimes prefer the reliability of manual hubs.) Maganda din porma ng current Hi-lux at mataas na din siya. It has a reputation for durability. Just look at the Taliban riding their Hi-lux. Try also looking at the new Frontier and Ranger. The ranger has the most powerful engine among pick-ups. The Frontier is also good. Pero for me as a Strada owner I am more than satisfied. It has the mildest ride among the 4WD pick-ups. For me it's simply the best. Goodluck.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4fan
    kamusta naman ang power ng strada bitin b or ok lang?
    Regarding the horsepower and torque ok siya. :D The Ranger has the highest HP at 117 hp followed by the Frontier at 103, then Strada/Fuego at 100 and last is the Hilux at around 88. Sa torque 2nd highest siya at 240 Nm after Ranger which has 280. Sa speed I tried it at the maximum of 145 kph, 5 km faster than the manual rated 140 km top speed. :D Others claimed to move it beyond 150+ kph. It could carry a load in excess of 1 ton. :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero kung may chance ka pang bumili ng pick up ano pipiliin m? strada pa din b? auto or manual?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My choice will still be the manual Strada, plain and simple.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bkit ayaw m ng auto?di mas convenient mas relax?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nasanay na kasi ako sa manual. Habits are hard to break.:D Type ko kasi iyong kontrolado ko lahat ng aspects of driving. And besides you could maximize your engine power with manuals. Though I have nothing against automatics. Maganda sila during stop and go driving and crosscountry travelling. Less stress sa driver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
strada shift on the fly?