New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd rather keep the strada stock if i ever had one. limited nga ang supply for off road parts. and IMO, gives the best ride quality among diesel pickups available here. pag lagyan ng off road kits, sayang ang ride.

pwede na ito sa dirt trekking and mountain trail crossing, like the roads in cordillera.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strada!!! Dream truck ko po yan up to now. I like the Older version (up to the 2000 model ata un) compared to the new one simply because halos same ang itsura nito sa ride ko which is a '96 L200.

Tama po si sir Kimpoy...very reliable po ito since it has a very reliable 4d56 engine used in many mitsubishi trucks and other vehicles like the pajero (but 4m40 na po ang new version), L300, etc. IMO.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree, Strada's have the best riding suspensions. However :

Aftermarket Suspension Kits more often than not - improve the vehicle's ride, handling and stability.

Many still beleive that the upgrade will stiffen the ride! No, however watch out for add-a-leafs, load helpers, leaf pressing, lift blocks - they can either stiffen your ride or make it unsafe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freeman,

How were you able to lift the Strada so high? Pwede ba nating gawin sa Pajero (albeit milder) sabay salpak ng 33" tires.

Will the Strada be drivable if you changed over to 5.29 gears?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    freeman is correct kaya nga baka i'll stick to 30x9.5x15 tires na lang maski hindi mataas ok pa rin pang off road

stock tires is 255x70x15

sir san kayo nag off road???

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about 2002 strada 2nd gen? marami bang aftermarkets available dito? i saw the strada in sports truck show built by ride which has a 4inch lift kit, i dont know if its "matagtag"? because im consideringa 2003 strada with automatic transmission and 2.8 turbo intercooler engine w/c is in the long i might upgrade it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about 2002 strada 2nd gen? marami bang aftermarkets available dito? i saw the strada in sports truck show built by ride which has a 4inch lift kit, i dont know if its "matagtag"? because im consideringa 2003 strada with automatic transmission and 2.8 turbo intercooler engine w/c is in the long i might upgrade it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OK! Sorry for the tardy reply.

The yellow Strada employed a 4.5" Ultimate Suspension Kit manufactured in Thailand. This kit is sold without any warranty, so it's the buyer's risk.

As I said in the previous Strada Thread, there are no regearing (lower gear) kits to compensate for large diameter tires, running a 33" tire would decrease acceleration and low end torque, plus your speedometer and odomoter will be giving false readings. Imagine the owner of that particular yellow Strada with 35" tires. He may score "pogi" points for the look but he and many other 4 wheelers know that it's "All Show, No Go!"

So what is the point of a 4.5 inch suspension lift?

There are 2" suspension kits from Australia (TJM, ARB, etc.). They have better spring rates and may allow one to put 31 - 32 inch donuts - w/c I believe is the max you should put in the STRADA, unless a regearing kit is made available.

The previous Strada was equipped with a Rear LSD, is it the same with the current model?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My brother has a Strada.. yung current version. Pogi truck nya pati kulay asteeg... Marina blue twotoned with silver. Sa rear naka Old man emu shocks sya ok daw ride! 8)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    FYI - I have actually built the country's tallest Ist Gen Strada - 10 inches higher than stock. 3" body lift, 4.5" Suspension Lift and 35" tires. Unfortunately it's all for show.
    Freeman-
    do you know the owner of this strada personally? coz I wanna see it and maybe you know when and where I could take a look at it (shows, etc...)?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
STRADA