New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi Fellow Mitsubishi Strada owners,

Just yesterday i have been having trouble with my strada, while driving for a while i suddenly got slow acceleration. So I tried stopping on a corner, went on neutral, floored the gas pedal and it would result to slow acceleration too (reving the engine).

I tried to test it again,with the slow acceleration and whenever i got to change the gear the rpm drops to 1.3/1.2. i was able to reach 60-70kph with this and it wont anymore go further raising the rpm to more than 2.3-2.5 and wont up shift anymore.

After a while the car seems to go back to normal preppy acceleration, change gear at 2.0-2.3, reaching 100kph but eventually after 30 min of driving the car goes back to its slow/limp mode.

additional info:
    slow acceleration = feels like lightly tapping the gas by 1cm, 30km/s , 2km/s/s acceleration
    Strada 2010 GLS 3.2L
    overdrive is off
    50k mileage
    4x2 mode
    Recently tried shell's nitro diesel and went back to shell's fuel save (don't know if this is relevant, maybe?)
    New Battery
    Recently Serviced * casa

Hoping for any input, or if any one of you have experienced this before.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Merchie~ View Post
    Hi Fellow Mitsubishi Strada owners,

Just yesterday i have been having trouble with my strada, while driving for a while i suddenly got slow acceleration. So I tried stopping on a corner, went on neutral, floored the gas pedal and it would result to slow acceleration too (reving the engine).

I tried to test it again,with the slow acceleration and whenever i got to change the gear the rpm drops to 1.3/1.2. i was able to reach 60-70kph with this and it wont anymore go further raising the rpm to more than 2.3-2.5 and wont up shift anymore.

After a while the car seems to go back to normal preppy acceleration, change gear at 2.0-2.3, reaching 100kph but eventually after 30 min of driving the car goes back to its slow/limp mode.

additional info:
    slow acceleration = feels like lightly tapping the gas by 1cm, 30km/s , 2km/s/s acceleration
    Strada 2010 GLS 3.2L
    overdrive is off
    50k mileage
    4x2 mode
    Recently tried shell's nitro diesel and went back to shell's fuel save (don't know if this is relevant, maybe?)
    New Battery
    Recently Serviced * casa

Hoping for any input, or if any one of you have experienced this before.
    09 gls 4x4 3.2 pareho ayaw mag accelerate ng maayos, changed egr, after that okay na

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the reply will try that out. can i ask how much does that replacement cost?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zix888 View Post
    09 gls 4x4 3.2 pareho ayaw mag accelerate ng maayos, changed egr, after that okay na
    baka nag stuck open yung EGR....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    baka nag stuck open yung EGR....
    nung una sinubukan lang namin cleaning ng egr, hindi nakuha, palit na after that, so far okay naman

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pwede, to test try muna i-block yung EGR para malaman kung defective nga... valve lang naman kasi yang EGR open close lang

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Might be SCV issue.