New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi,

Got a 2010 GLS Sport. The installed radio is Model CMB4201 (with Bluetooth, blue light LCD). According to the dealer, I cannot install an active subwoofer because it does not have a sub-out at the back of the unit. However, after exploring the functions of the radio, I found out it has a Subwoofer ON/OFF function. In fact, I set it up to Subwoofer "ON" and a SW speaker icon appeared in the LCD screen, although no major bass output came out from the speakers.

Does any member ever tried to install an active to this radio model? How was it done? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Best regards

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vef888 View Post
    Hi,

Got a 2010 GLS Sport. The installed radio is Model CMB4201 (with Bluetooth, blue light LCD). According to the dealer, I cannot install an active subwoofer because it does not have a sub-out at the back of the unit. However, after exploring the functions of the radio, I found out it has a Subwoofer ON/OFF function. In fact, I set it up to Subwoofer "ON" and a SW speaker icon appeared in the LCD screen, although no major bass output came out from the speakers.

Does any member ever tried to install an active to this radio model? How was it done? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Best regards
    Just like to share.

I installed an AVT 10 inch slim sub woofer. Output from the radio unit speaker out were taken and directed to the speaker level input of the sub. That solved the problem even though the HU does not have a sub-out. I don't need to activate the subwoofer function in the radio. I have sub woofer function all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sound SetUp for an Adventure